Ma, I Miss You A Lot

Ma, I Miss You A Lot

Whether you have moved out of your parents' house or just run to get groceries, sometimes you just need your Ma.

1231

Ma, we were besties before besties were cool.

You carried me for a long nine months that probably were miserable knowing me, but you did it anyways and loved it. You took me to baton and piano lessons multiple times in the week and you called out homework countless times, because we do not like failure. There were a lot of long nights when I was younger, but gosh I miss them, because you were there all of the time.

I have not been moved out of your house for longer than a year, but it feels like a decade sometimes.

I miss you at the craziest of times. I will be trying to study, but have nobody to call out the front of my flashcards, or I will be in the vitamin section in the grocery store and have nobody to tell me that I am too old for gummy vitamins. It truly is the small things, especially when it comes to you.

There have been multiple times when we have Facetimed that we have ended the call and I sit there and tears just stream down my face, because you are so close, but so far all at the same time. I love our weekends together, but nothing is the same now. I come home and want to stay, but I can't because you raised me to be independent (which I admire so much in your parenting style).

You are my built-in best friend from Jesus, and I am so thankful for that, because you are truly the BEST.

I love you so so much.

This little Ma's girl will be home this weekend just so you can help me study for these horrendous midterms, go buy "adult" vitamins, and of course just soak up your aura.

Nobody ever told me how much I would miss you, but I can not even measure it. I am so happy that I get to have a Ma like you, because you are priceless to me.

In the end, Ma, I miss you (a lot).

I love you.