An Open Letter To Baby Boomers, I'm Staying Inside For You

Dear Baby Boomers,

I have a great immune system. If I caught the coronavirus, I would probably go back to being myself within a few days, a week max. I'm staying inside for your sake because I don't want to be a cause spreading the virus to someone who could die from it. This virus disproportionately attacks elderly populations so I cannot stress the importance of social distancing, especially if you are a part of this population.

With that being said, Trump wants to scale back on social distancing, putting your life at risk. Sure, this is bad for the economy, I would never doubt that. I would love nothing more than to go back to business as usual and continue going to school and work. I am a treasurer for a small nonprofit that cannot continue to function in this crisis, I know how much this is affecting cash flows. I invest in the stock market, I know it's taking a tank right now. And sure, it's going to take a lot of time for the economy to recover, but you know what's worse?

When the hospital has a shortage of beds and a doctor has to decide between saving your life or saving someone else's life. When they are forced to create an algorithm for which person deserves the bed and which one is told they cannot be supported, basically leaving them to die. When you can't be with your daughter/granddaughter/niece when she gives birth because the hospitals are already overcrowded and being there highly increases the risk of contracting the illness. When you or your relatives can't get the proper medical care they need even when their injury/illness is not coronavirus related simply because there are not enough supplies. When there is a shortage of doctors and nurses to take care of you because they are all sick at home.

When we have so many bodies to dispose of that we can't cremate and bury them fast enough. When you can't even have a proper funeral for all of the bodies because the funeral homes are just in too high of a demand. When you can't afford a proper funeral because funeral homes are increasing their prices based on the demand.

These are all very real problems that our country could be shortly facing. We want to stop this virus from spreading, but we need your help. So please, vote for someone who values people over profits and most importantly, stay the fuck home.

Yours truly,

A Gen Zer That Didn't Spend Her Spring Break Partying on the Beach