An Open Letter To Those With Anxiety

An Open Letter To Those With Anxiety

Anxiety does not own you, remember that.
208

To Those It May Concern,

There may be someone in your life whether a family member, a close friend or yourself who has struggled with anxiety. Having any form of anxiety is such a hardship in life, and I want you to know that you are not alone. You may get anxiety from large crowds, school, familial issues or relationships in general, but being someone who has anxiety attacks from everything listed above, I want you to know that you will triumph and reach a steady point in life.

Many of you may know how terrible the experience of an anxiety attack is and are always nervous another one may arise, but for those of you who have not experienced one yet, you are lucky. Please before you go through it, help yourself figure out coping strategies to get yourself out. The daily struggle of having social anxiety is an immense obstacle that I do not wish anyone will have to encounter. For those of you who have, and face this everyday, good for you. You are an inspiration for those who hide in the shadows of others and are not yet ready to face their fear. For those of you who are not ready to face their fears, that is OK because you deserve to find peace at your own pace.

I want anyone who is reading this to understand something. You do not need to validate yourself to others when you are in a struggling state. What happens within yourself is between you and you only. When others tell you to, "Get over it," or, "You'll be fine," remember that only you know how you will feel. If you are in fact uncomfortable, then you can do something about it. Also, I want you all to remember there are many different things you can do to help yourself get through these tough times. Something I tend to do is take a walk or a break when I'm with a group of people because I start feeling anxious. You can always take a break. If you are feeling up to it, then talk to someone about how you are feeling in that moment. And always remember to breathe.

You are not alone during these times of hardships and remember there are other people who face the same problems as you. Anxiety is not something that owns you, it just wants your attention. You are beautiful and you will get through this.

Sincerely,

A Very Anxious Girl