To The Girl Who THOUGHT She Had It All Together

"Why is it that every time life gets good, it all comes crashing down almost instantly"?
110

You had this EPIC plan. Everything was figured out, you were pursuing your major, you were in the perfect relationship, you had the coolest new friends. And just when life seemed to reach the peak of greatness, it all came crashing down.

First of all, you are not alone.

I think anyone who is reading this can agree that at some point or another, we had this perfect plan, and everything in our life was working towards it. Isn't it convenient that every time things start to go our way, things seem to come crashing down and end up worse than they were even before things started to shape up? So much so that when things start to get good again, we just wonder when things are going to start falling apart again? Well, as easy as it is to say but hard as it is to believe, these things all happen for a reason.

I can see you rolling your eyes at that comment. "It all happens for a reason", I've heard that a million times and it just doesn't make anything better.

Oh, but it does. Here's the thing, have you ever heard the saying "Good things fall apart so great things can fall into place?" Yeah I know, another cliche saying, but its so true! I don't know about you but I tend to conjure up these grand plans in my mind for the way my life is supposed to turn out. I plan every little detail out and then work to have my life actually turn out like those plans but I never fail to be disappointed, and here is why.

Your life isn't meant to be planned out according to your plan. It's supposed to turn out the way that God planned it. The way that He planned it all out before you were even born. Just let that soak in for a minute, He had it all planned out for you before you even took your first breath, that's pretty cool if you ask me. So yes, your life plans may appear to be crumbling before you, but it is only the beginning of God plans starting to fall into place. God's plans are far better than any that we could come up with because He knows the outcome of every situation before you even know it's coming.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6"

You may be able to may your own plans and have them temporarily work out, but God's plan is far superior and is much more consistent. Not only that, but the Lord's plan will guide you to your purpose in life. So many of us struggle with knowing what our purpose is for being here, but if we just trust in the path God makes for us, He is going to lead is to our greatest purpose.

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand". Proverbs 19:21

So next time things appear to be crashing down before your eyes, instead of panicking, take a step back and decide to trust in the path God laid out for you and take it step by step with Him.