An Open Letter To The Person That Vandalized Our Campus

There are other ways to show who you are voting for than destroying our student space.
4

I don't usually get into politics or political affairs at all--actually, I try to avoid them at all costs. No, I don't post on Facebook about who I am voting for or who I'm not voting for, I don't share reasons why or why not to support one of the candidates, and I don't unfriend you because you have different political viewpoints than me. I understand everyone has different reasons for who they choose to support and thats their own personal business. I scroll right past all that and get on with my life.

Until now.

Yes, you can express your political opinion and you can show your support for a presidential candidate. I totally understand that there are campaigns and organizations who work at providing information and research on who they believe to be the best candidate. I applaud those who set up stands on campus and try to get you to listen to them (even if you walk away). And I have no problem with posters, or signs, or t-shirts, whatever you want to have in recognition of who you are supporting. Be my freakin' guest.

But don't do it at the cost of our school, our faculty, and our students. That is not representative of the CSU community in any way, shape, or form. Vandalism and spray painting our plaza is not okay, and there are other ways to show who you are voting for than destroying our student space.

Someone had to clean this mess up after you. Someone had to find out what happened and was told that it was their job to take care of it. Someone had to spend their time this morning scrubbing your "work" off of our community's ground. Your actions didn't just affect you, they affected others as well. And you don't even seem to care enough to step forward and admit it was you, to apologize for the trouble you caused, and to realize the destruction you inflicted on our campus at CSU.

Yes, it was cleaned up in a few hours, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place. There are boundaries when it comes to our college and its land. There are rules that are enforced. And they are there for a reason. I'm glad your vandalism was cleaned up by 9 this morning, because no one got to see it and that made all your time worthless in a sense. I hope you learned your lesson.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you are expressing your opinions and be my guest in doing that, but think next time, just think about it first and understand what and who you are having an impact on before vandalizing our beautiful campus. Its a lot more important than you getting your political view across to everyone.