An Open Letter To The LGBTAQ+ Community

An Open Letter To The LGBTAQ+ Community

Love is love.

30
An Open Letter To The LGBTAQ+ Community
Overpasses For America

Dear LGBTAQ+ Community,

I’m not one who usually speaks on this subject, but I feel that it really needs to be addressed. We’re all aware of the recent event that happened in Orlando, Florida, and although I’m not exactly sure what the motive of the horrific event truly was, I do believe that it was extremely unfortunate to have even occurred.

The worst part about the entire ordeal, however, is all of the backlash and judgment that has come upon you all as if the occurrence were your faults. Not only that, but it seems that several individuals are throwing bibles and scriptures at you and are basically telling you that you’re worthless and that the events were ordained by God because you’re living against His will.

So right now, I want to apologize on behalf of America and every so-called Christian who has chosen to judge and demean you instead of choosing to love you as God does. I want to apologize because I fully realize and understand that none of us are perfect. If I began to disclose some of the things that I knew were displeasing to God and still proceeded to do, this letter would be far longer than it needs to be. No one deserves to go through the pain that you all have gone through simply for deciding to be happy. Love is love! I want you all to know that if no one else chooses to have your backs, I will. Not because I feel sorry for you; not because I know several homosexuals; not because I desire any kind of fame or recognition. I’m standing beside you because that’s what God would want me to do. God loves us all in spite of our wrong, and if God can love me, there is no reason why I can’t love you. Not to mention, you all are some of the most fashionable, most real, and funniest people that I know and my life would be incomplete if I had never met a few of my friends.

This world is cruel and it is full of individuals who’d rather point out someone else’s faults instead of trying to fix their own. We have no right to judge the next person, and it seems that that is what most people have been doing to you all. I don’t know; I might be a little crazy, but I refuse to believe that God just decided to send a man into a gay nightclub to kill as many people as he possibly could. That just doesn’t sound right to me, and I’m intrigued by just how many people believe that.

In all honesty, while everyone is so adamant about passing judgment, we can all learn something from you all and your bravery. There have been many times when I have altered my appearance or censored my words to please someone else. But, there is no reason why anyone should ever have to do that. People are so quick to yell “this is a free country,” but anytime someone decides to use their freedom, they’re mocked and discriminated against. Therefore, I’d like to commend you all for having the courage to be yourselves in spite of what others might say or think. I hope to one-day gain that type of unwavering courage as well.

I know that the tragic event in Orlando has really taken a toll on you all and has probably revealed the true colors of a few people. Remember that although the media seems to be crowded with disrespectful and hateful individuals, there is one loving and supportive individual underneath it all – and I’m here.