An Open Letter To The Girl Underestimated

And beginning to believe all the naysayers.

368

You've got goals. You shoot for the stars, and you make that very apparent. There will always be people who think you'll never be able to make it. But prove them all wrong. Be better than the person they think you should be, then top that too.

Goals aren't meant to be scary, but sometimes they will be, and that has to be OK. Trust that you will pull it all off. Start an entire fire with the spark inside of you. But do all of it by yourself, and for yourself. You'll go so much further if you're the fuel getting you there.

Maybe you had rough beginnings, or your upbringing wasn't what it could have been. But you're trying to get past that and beat the odds. Don't let people tell you that you're getting ahead of yourself. You can't possibly dream too big.

Whatever part of your past that has caused people to lose faith in your abilities no longer matters. Regardless of whether you have any control over it or not, it's all in the past. Only you know where you are right now, so you're the only one who knows the path it'll take to get you where you want to be. You know your limits better than anyone else ever could. And if you bite off more than you can chew, that isn't of anyone else's concern.

You can't let it cloud your judgment, and you definitely can't let it blindside you completely. You had a plan set out from the start and nothing made you doubt any of it before. Trust all those instincts and then let them ask questions later. It's better to have them wondering how you did make it than for them to wonder if you ever could.

You may be the girl underestimated but you're so full of possibilities too. And remember, there is also a huge chance your ambition is intimidating. Your strong will can cause people to mask their fear and jealousy with doubt. You can't make that your problem. You're way too busy being extraordinary.

So take all the extra steps to be the best. And leave everybody guessing. Make them wish they would've believed in you, but from far away so they can't bother you with negativity anymore. Never accept the what-ifs, or entertain the thoughts that they could be right. The moment you let any of that inside your head, it's over. You won't ever bounce back after quitting the same way you would after a minor setback or personal mistake.