To One Of The Best Guy Friends A Girl Could Have

Thanks for being my male's perspective on things.
399

In my opinion, every girl needs a guy best friend, someone they can turn to when they need a guys perspective on things. So, if I'm being honest, I've wanted to write this for you for a while.

Dear Best Friend,

We met our sophomore year of high school, we had the same first-period history class (although when I mentioned it this past Christmas, you forgot but that's ok). At this point in time, we weren't particularly close and didn't really talk much to each other.

OK, so moving forward a bit to last year, senior year. Our paths crossed again when we worked on the Frankenstein project for English class and became fairly close because of it. That project was probably one of my most favorite parts of the senior year, and also when we really started to become a bit closer as friends.

We went from hardly knowing each other to almost being like siblings by the end of the year.

I am so glad I have someone like you who is there for me when I need them most, someone who makes me laugh or smile, even when I am in a bad mood and someone who knows has come to know me almost as well as I know myself.

Thank you for supporting me, even if the decisions I make sometimes aren't the best. Thank you for being only a Facetime call away if I need advice or want someone to talk to.

Thank you for all the adventures— whether they are late night trips to IHOP, Chipotle and any of the other food places we've been or getting a group together and going to the beach.

Thank you for pretty much always telling me I look good, even if I don't think I do myself. Thank you for the constant reminders that I can do whatever I set my mind to.

Thank you for constantly checking up on me when I'm sick. Thank you for telling me off when I need it or that I deserve better if I am feeling doubtful.

And finally, thank you for being an overall great person. Your kindness and understanding have taught me a lot. I appreciate you and our amazing friendship more than you could possibly know.

I may have spent the majority of this letter talking about how thankful I am for you, but I wanted to let you know that I am always here for you whenever you need it. Whether that is for girl advice, fashion advice, life advice, or just someone to talk to— I want you to know that I’m here for you.

With love,

Your Girl Best Friend.