To Anyone Who Has Not Tried An Avocado, They Are Avo-control And Wonderful

We cannot make everyone happy, but certainly avocados can.​

517
Youtube

I’ve only just recently joined the avocado loving community. It has been life-changing, to say the least, and not for finally adding a food with significant nutritional value to my daily diet, but because it defies all the laws I have against the foods I do not like. Not to mention that my love for avocados is a love-hate relationship—a vicious cycle at best.

As a consumer who flinches at textures, I automatically wrote off aesthetically pleasing fruits. Yes, avocados are fruits…kind of like the tomato debate. But, tomayto, tomahto as they say. Avocados remind me of a dragon egg, Daenerys would get in Game of Thrones, just a lot smaller. I could totally see the Targaryens nurturing avocados on Dragonstone.

Also…they are GREEN. A bright beautiful shade on the outside and a pale shade surrounding the pit that reminds me of that one hair color that isn’t really blonde or brunette? It just is what it is.

I do not like foods I do not understand, so when I look at an avocado and see a dragon egg, you could say I was a bit perplexed.

After accepting these mysterious qualities, I made the decision that it was time to see what the world was jabbering so much about—the epidemic of the avocado, and boy was I beyond pleasantly surprised.

I am still at war with the idea of avocados but I simply enjoy them so much, I have thrown all my logical (irrational) reasons for skipping putting them on my toast, or in my salad before, out the window. Now, they are the perfect addition to any and all dishes.

The avocado consumption cycle starts with feeling every one of them at the grocery store, trying to determine which ones are ready to eat ASAP and which ones need a little more time. You can't eat three avocados in one day, but you can have one every day for at least three days.

This is living life on the wild side. If you do this, you are a risk taker. Congratulations!

I find it oddly satisfying—the wild goose chase that is determining whether an avo is ready to be cut or not. I truly struggled with this in the most violent way possible. My craving for this delicacy was so persuasive, I would often dive in to find my avo as hard as the dragon egg it looks like. Fear not, I ate it anyway, but I would be lying if I hadn’t told you I have tried to resolve this issue by microwaving them.

Advice: Do not microwave your avocado, just don’t. You truly cant trust everything you read on the internet, friends.

I will never understand the size or color of the pit. I will never understand its shape or its radial shades of green, but they now have a special place in my heart, where I encourage anyone and everyone to be a risk taker. Don’t be an avocado, but eat an avocado.

Everything is great in moderation, except avocados. Now being the ‘avocado to someone’s toast’ is one of the biggest compliments anyone could give me, and they are everything I have ever wanted them to be and more.

We cannot make everyone happy, but certainly avocados can.