Online Learning Platforms for Professionals

Online Learning

116

‘Is online learning better than face-to-face learning?’ You may have heard people discussing this topic since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic two years ago. Though online learning still existed in pre-COVID times, it reached a massive number of students and professionals only after everyone was not left with any other option but to switch to online learning during various lockdowns. The major benefit of online education is that no matter where you live, you can explore the entire educational universe with a computer system and internet connectivity. Indeed, technology has advanced dramatically, making education, including college degree programs, more affordable than ever.

Today’s remote learning is of higher quality than it was around five to ten years ago. The instructor is now more of a guide for the learners as they study about the course topics rather than just a strict teacher. Digital tools like video conferencing and online discussion forums can now be used to enhance the online learning experience. Some reputed training providers are now offering notes, whiteboards, and a variety of other learning resources to engage learners during online classes.

If you haven’t used any Online learning platform yet, then you must be confused regarding how to select the right one which meets all your learning needs. With the number of options available online, the task becomes even more challenging. So, in this article, we have described some of the best online learning platforms that are specifically suitable for working professionals.

Check them out!

The Best Online Learning Platforms

Go through the top online learning platforms and decide which one you would opt for your upskilling journey.

Simplilearn

When you start searching for any online course on Google, then you will surely come across Simplilearn. It is an established edtech platform that has trained over 3 million professionals across the world. When you visit the platform, you will see a wide range of courses in areas like digital marketing, data science, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cloud computing, software development, cyber security, project management, and so on. Simplilearn is partnering with a couple of prestigious universities like Purdue, Isenberg School of Management, Caltech CTME, and IIT Kanpur to offer high-quality courses to its learners. A certificate by Simplilearn is acknowledged across industries and helps you grab the attention of recruiters.

Udactiy

Thinking of developing new skills within a time frame of 4 to 5 months? If yes, then the Nanodegree Programs by Udacity are your best choice. With courses ranging from business, and data science to programming and artificial intelligence, you will be able to develop real employable skills that are based on industry-relevant projects. The programs are offered with flexible learning schedules, and you can also avail of features like GitHub portfolio review, LinkedIn profile optimization, peer review for assignments, detailed feedback on your progress, and doubt-clearing sessions with mentors. The content for Udacity courses is co-created in partnership with various renowned firms like Accenture, GitHub, Microsoft, BMW, and Amazon.

Coursera

Are you exclusively looking for online courses designed by top universities like the University of Michigan, Imperial College London, Arizona State University, Duke University, University of Illinois, and Macquarie University? If yes, then Coursera is the ideal platform for you. By exploring this marketplace, you are opening the doors to world-class education from the world-class faculty of these universities. Over 113 million learners are building today’s digital skills with confidence through Coursera online courses. Some of its courses are even offered for free; you can audit them for free if you want to learn and do not want a certificate compulsorily. Since its inception in 2012, Coursera has become a platform of choice for many professionals looking for high-quality curricula, affordable pricing, and flexible scheduling in online courses.

Udemy

Udemy is a highly popular platform for online education due to its highly reasonable pricing structure. Though initially, you may think that it is suitable for fresh graduates, the platform has a lot to offer for working professionals as well. Compared to the online training providers mentioned above, Udemy also hosts courses created by common individuals who want to share their learning with the world. Whether you want to learn photography, blogging, web design, Python programming, Amazon Web Services, or software engineering, you will find a suitable course on Udemy. The course length can often range from two hours to even more than 15 hours. Apart from theoretical classes, you may also get access to worksheets, downloadable templates, and other resources.

Conclusion

Hope you now have a clear idea regarding which platforms to look for when starting your online learning journey. Apart from the ones mentioned above, you can also check out platforms like LinkedIn Learning, edX, Alison, Future Learn, Cognitive Class by IBM, Google Digital Garage, and Springboard if you want to look for other options as well. Whatever platform you choose, make sure that you enroll in the right course. Remember that your goal is to develop new skills and not specifically get a job after graduation. If you are keeping such an expectation, then you may get disappointed. Landing a job depends on other factors as well, and not only a certificate from a reputed training provider. All the best!