On Coronavirus, Lives and Nature

On Coronavirus, Lives and Nature

Saving lives should be our #1 priority. Always. There is no compromise on life.

22

As the virus rages through the world isolating all of us, there are three voices in particular whom I must address as they are making the situation worst.

Coronavirus is like an absolute monarchy, its name means "crown" and it takes away our lung's ability to be heard.

Prince Economía (Economy), The rich businessman L'ouvrir (open it) and your facebook friend Colère divine (divine wrath) whom you shall be introduced to.

Now for Prince Economia, a man who prides himself on this "great beautiful economy." Unfortunately, it is controversial to state that this economy was ever good in the first place. But there is no doubt that now the economy is in complete ruin.

My dear reader, my heart sunk in indignation when I heard these words "It doesn't matter if people die- as long as we save my economy." I buried my face into my hands and prepared for him to backtrack the statement but alas he already said it.

The foundation of human rights is the right to life- if we do not protect this most basic fundamental right, can we truly stand for human rights? In a country where medical professionals are struggling to find enough supplies for the sick, people are starving and the shelves in stores are void of food. This is a disaster and true humanitarian crises. If we open up the economy now, more people may die and that will result in a complete and total economic collapse we may never recover from. When he said these statements think of the ones you love, think of your own life. Human lives are worth more than numbers, we are all unique individuals endowed by nature certain unalienable rights that no man (or woman) has the right to take away from us. Nobody can be pro-life without respecting all human lives. We need to defeat this virus to save the lives of the elderly, the weak, the strong, for all of humanity.

The second scenario, all other businesses of a particular type- let's say a school have closed. One man however wants to be different and insists students still come in- exposing them to disease. This is a reckless choice, and endangers the lives of those who may have weakened immune systems. This is not the time to make more money, but to make sacrifices for the good of the health of the community. While I understanding making special circumstances for homeless students and international students- one must take precautions to lower exposure. I'm sorry L'Ouvrir, but you must indeed listen to the expert scientists in the community as they beg you to socially distance. You have the ability to make a great example and role model of yourself if you do that.

Now for Colere Divine. They are sharing articles claiming that the disease is "God's wrath." My friend! My dear reader this is the most dangerous thing one can do. For who are we to know God's ways? Also who are we to judge and guilt trip people? True religion should be a personal choice and used to encourage others, of which tolerance is the highest virtue which John Locke so wisely pointed out. By claiming an act of nature is "divine wrath" we are neglecting the scientific explanations as to what diseases are. This disease is effecting everybody- good and bad, strong and weak. You are called to defend and protect all lives as the book of Proverbs in the Bible demands. We as humanity must protect others for we are all created in the image of God. Diseases and natural disasters happen because of natural acts that can be explained according to the laws of nature, there is nothing supernatural in them. I realize people are scared and looking for meaning in life, but lets not go down the route of superstition which the Bible itself warns against.

My dear reader, if you have been one of these people- I beg you to open your heart and ears to the calls of humanity. You my friend are in a position as an individual to make a great difference. Instead of judgmental behaviors or indifference listen to the cries of those who are suffering, support healthcare workers and scientists who are our solders against a greater enemy and do not listen to the voices of fear but the voice of reason.

Stay healthy my reader, and stay inside!