3 ‘Old’ Taylor Swifts Songs That You Should Re-Listen To

Old Taylor may be dead, but these songs aren’t.

158
YouTube

1. Teardrops On My Guitar (2006)

The first time I heard this song I was in tears, weird considering I was twelve! This song is about losing the guy or crush to someone else and hoping that the other girl treats him right. The music video shows Taylor being heartbroken by Drew, her good friend who talks about another girl. Opps Friendzone!

It shows clips of them being flirtatious, well at least in her eyes and just how fast she caught feelings for him. It is clear that she is heartbroken because of his new found love but this teaches everyone that not all love can be required. Personally, this is a good song to listen to if you weren’t able to get the guy you wanted, sure it’s hard and sucks! But at the end of the day, you want what's best for them and as a good friend you should support them and their choices.

2. Picture to Burn (2006)

One of the hardest things to do after a break up is to delete, or in this case, dispose of the pictures. There’s always that “but what if we get back together” statement that is used as an excuse. You should always remember there's a big reason the two of you broke up. This heated video shows Taylor trashing her ex’s place and burning their pictures to the ground.

Now please don’t go trashing your ex’s place that’s a crime. But as a way to get over the frustration, you should delete, toss or cut up the pictures you have this way you won't be tempted to rethink your breakup. Now, this isn’t for everyone because some people move on in different ways.

Yet one of my favorite lyrics from this song is “if you're missing me you better keep it to yourself” because these are some of the words your ex will use to try to lure you back in. Be strong and leave the past in the past.

3. Our Song (2009)

This song is a little more upbeat and happier than the previous Taylor Swift songs. Now, most couples may have a song that they listen to that is their song. But in this case, Taylor and her beau realize they can create their own song that will better describe them.

This song has more actions than cute lyrics and that was perfect because it described their relationship and how unique it was. This song goes to show that you don’t always have to have an already released song for your relationship, making a song together can be really fun and sentimental.