It's OK To Walk Away From Someone With An Addiction

You can't force anyone to quit an addiction unless the person realizes that it is indeed causing a problem.

34

How many of us are addicted to something? Addictions are always bad however it depends on what you're addicted to that defines your destiny in life. However its okay to walk away from those who have an addiction. In today's day and age if you don't do something that is "popular" your not considered normal and that's totally fine.

In today's generation, there is a lot going on. I am sure a lot of you know what I am referring to. However, not all of us have the power to walk away from those addicted to something. An addiction is something that has the potential to cause harm. That's how I like to describe the word.

The term addiction by itself is an objective word. To many people, it means different things. However, from my point of view, there are three different kinds of addiction. The first one is a mild addiction meaning you are addicted to something but your only addicted enough that you can live or go without doing it for a while.

Then, the second one is medium addiction. You are addicted enough to keep doing whatever it is that you're doing but you find it hard to quit.

The last one is extreme addiction in which you cant stop whatever it is that you're addicted to in any circumstance.

Are all addictions bad? Well, it certainly depends on the level of addiction and what that certain addiction is causing your life. What I mean is how does your addiction impact your day to day life? How does that addiction impact you on a personal and broad level?

Nowadays many people are addicted to social media and are addicted to having their whole life on social media. Not everything you do needs attention on social media. Usually, people just look and don't really care. However, some people will literally spend hours coming up with a perfect caption or editing photos.

To me, social media is just a platform in which people try to show themselves as happy and cheerful. Deep down we don't know how anyone feels on social media. You will always emphasize with people but you can never symphonize with people. Tell people it will be okay over and over again but have you ever experience what they did?

Not every addiction out there is an individual's fault. Sometimes there are circumstances that occur that cause people to do what they think is right and sometimes by doing what they think is right can cause an addiction that will be hard to give up.

When you start to notice that someone has an addiction try to be there for that someone and try to spend as much time as you can with that person. You can't force anyone to quit an addiction unless the person realizes that it is indeed causing a problem. However, if you are close with a person who has an addiction start drifting.

Drifting may be hard at first but you will thank yourself for it over and over again. You don't need to be apart of the normal that destroys people lives. You can be apart of that normal that gets the experience of a normal healthy living person. Not everything needs a constant remainder and not everything is worth figuring out so let it be and let go.