taco tuesday

To Be Honest, I Would Be OK If Tacos Ceased To Exist

Taco Tuesday? I'd rather not...

124

After reading the headline and choosing to click in here, you're probably in a near panic because tacos are your entire life, right? Yeah. I get that a lot every time I tell someone that I don't really like them that much. I will never understand the hype around tacos. I mean, they're good, but like, they're not that good, people.

Don't get me wrong, I can eat them and I even enjoy them sometimes, but I would be 100% OK if tacos didn't exist. My life could go on and I wouldn't be sad if I never ate another one. This has gotten me some really weird looks in my life, but I assure you, I'm totally fine with it.

In fact, I'm so fine without tacos that I can't even remember the last time I had one.

I'm not a health freak, but they're so greasy that even I can't eat one and I was raised on traditional southern cooking. The meat is all ground up and has that grease. You don't melt the cheese, so it just ends up falling off and the vegetables end up being raw, but still warm, which is gross. How does this sound appealing to you?

"Then what do you get at Taco Bell?" a friend once asked me when I told her this. I get God's personal gift to mankind, the quesadilla. Let me just tell you all about the best Mexican food there is, the quesadilla. It's a tortilla, stuffed with strips of meat, peppers, and onions, and lots of cheese. Sounds like a taco right? Wrong. Because the quesadilla is cooked in a pan with butter, thus melting the cheese and making my heart happy (traditional southern eater right here) as well as placing it far above the taco.

I live in dread of being asked to do "Taco Tuesday" with someone because, no thanks. It's to the point that my mom doesn't even make them for dinner when I'm going to be eating at home. I can eat them. I don't even hate to eat them. But I would never choose them and I would certainly be OK if they ceased to exist.