11 Things All Odyssey Writers Know

11 Things All Odyssey Writers Know

Praying for that new creator update.

152
11 Things All Odyssey Writers Know

When I was younger on the Facebook world I adored Odyssey. I couldn't help but dream of being a writer for an online web base. This seemed like the most rewarding thing I could do. Somehow, my crazy life landed me here, and I love every minute of this internship. Many of us Odyssey writers understand how unknown and how interesting Odyssey as a platform is to people. So, here are a few things that Odyssey writers deal with all the time.

1. “I read your blog.”

It’s not a blog. We write articles. We don’t write cutesy little posts on some personal website. It’s not a blog, okay?

2. Muse

Muse, our writing software that is such a struggle. You insert all your gifs and then you hit preview to see five paragraphs deleted and six pictures not where they were. Not frustrating at all! And, try highlighting a whole paragraph to delete it? Not gonna happen. But, have no fear, eventually, we will get rid of this horrid writing program.

3. Writers Block

You lay in bed at night and come up with great ideas, but when you wake up the next morning to write they are all gone. You can’t remember a single one and your article has yet to be written. *internal panic*

4. 500 Words

You can typically hammer this out in less than an hour, at this point you are a pro. But, sometimes you think of an idea and you are just dumbfounded that you only have 200 words on it. What more is there to say? There’s gotta be a lot cause it’s the law, man.

5. 1000+ Words

You are on fire. This article is going great, you glance up to see your listicle has reached 1,642 words and you internally cry. Time to delete so much, rework into multiple articles, and try again.

6. Cover Photos

Hitting pixel counts are outraging. You try and try and try. No matter what, the perfect one always only comes in 43x2 and you are so confused how that happened.

7. Shares

This weeks article is golden and you know it’s going far. But, then you get your Creator Stats and find out it two people looked at it and -53 people shared it. Come on people, you comment and like it on Facebook, help home girl out and share my post!!!!!

8. “So, how much do you get paid?”

This is my favorite. Well, typically, unless you are a superstar, you do not get paid. You have to get a lot of shares and that’s just not happening every week. But, once an article goes viral, you typically get to receive a kickback every once and a while.

9. Main Page

Oh my gosh, if your article hits main page on Facebook you feel so cool. That’s one major way to get the word out. And, if you hit front page on the website you also feel like you are on cloud nine. It may not mean much to commoners, but to us writers, it’s the world. We feel famous.

10. Joining Random Groups

Trying to get your article out and shared can be an awkward and painstaking time. Like yes, I am a part of 384 groups and half of them are about choir because I really wanted my article to go viral. Don’t judge me.

11. Relative Content

When something you are passionate about only applies to you, you hate it. You already know it won’t get far. People, what kind of content do you want from me??