odyssey writers

I've Officially Been Writing For Odyssey For Almost A Year Now, And It Has Truly Been An Amazing Experience

A simple weekly commitment can go a long way.

41

Thinking back on the first article I ever wrote for Odyssey, I can truly say that it has been an amazing experience. Not only have I grown in my writing but also who I am as a writer and a person.

I started writing for Odyssey in October of last year (my first article went live on the 8th) and have been doing it almost every week since. One of the things I love about writing is the ability to write about anything I want and to improve my writing skills through it.

Before I began writing for Odyssey, the only other writing experience I had was maybe a few school essays here and there. None of which (for obvious reasons) were ever published.

I decided to start writing for Odyssey when I saw an article that a friend of mine wrote and I'm so glad I did. I originally wanted to write for Odyssey because I am a journalism major and thought it would give me some idea of what being a journalist is like. It also has given me a chance to build up some published works to show to a future employer, by giving them examples of what to expect.

I have always had an interest in writing, but this past year has taught me that it is more than just an interest, it is something I thoroughly enjoy doing. It has given me experience on publishing my own writings and taught me a bit more about how to do research.

I've also discovered that writing is, in many ways, therapeutic and relaxing (at least for me). Writing for Odyssey has pushed me to be more creative. It has taught me that there is always something to write about even if I just haven't found it yet.

I've never missed a deadline, and I get to write about whatever I want every single week (honestly one of the best things about it).

I've been told by many people that they like what I write (and even look forward to it) and that has encouraged me to keep writing and let my voice be heard.

I've learned so much this past year about myself and about writing, in general. I've written about everything and anything from my background in dance and ballet, my heart issue, relationships, and even a few environmental ones. I've learned how to write good and compelling listicles.

I've been given a chance to have my voice heard on different topics and issues and even put some of my own personal stories out there). As a writer, you get a lot of freedom in the style of writing as it can be opinion, a listicle, news, etc (or any other topic you want). This is one of the things I LOVE about Odyssey.

I can't wait to see what the next year and beyond has in store. It has truly been an amazing experience. At the beginning of this, I didn't expect to feel the way about it that I do now.

Odyssey is a great outlet for anyone who is looking for a place to express beliefs or opinions about whatever topic they desire. I have really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.