How To Interview A Healthcare Worker About Coronavirus

Odyssey Templates: Interview A Healthcare Worker In Your Life About COVID-19

Help them spread awareness and perspective from the front lines.

684
Odyssey

The last two months of your life have been defined by coronavirus (COVID-19) and there is, unfortunately, no clear end in sight. It's OK to be scared. It's important to ask questions. It's crucial to help inform others if you have the right information.

Those with the best perspective and information on this is not politicians — it's scientists and medical professionals.

How To:

Here's where you come in. If you have a healthcare worker in your life that would be open to answering some questions for you, the template below will help you interview them. Email them the questions below, let them answer any or all of the questions they want, and boom — you have your interview.

Then, follow these steps:

1. COPY the text in between the begin and end template sections below
  2. PASTE it into a new post in Odyssey's CORE
  3. Fill it all in and add photos
  4. Submit under Community: Health and Wellness for a chance to be featured on Odyssey's Facebook and Instagram
  5. Don't have an account? CREATE ONE.

BEGIN TEMPLATE

COVER PHOTO:

Your cover photo should be a picture of who you're interviewing. If they're not comfortable using their picture, find a free use stock photo or a nurse or doctor on Unsplash, Pixabay, Wikipedia Commons or Pexels.

Headline:

Your headline format is the following:

I Spoke To A [Insert Location and professional title] About COVID-19, And [insert takeaway from the interview]

EXAMPLE: I Spoke To A Portland IMCU Nurse About COVID-19 And, WOW, I Learned SO Much

Introduction:

Start with a few sentences about how COVID-19 has impacted your life thus far, along with any other relevant thoughts or feelings you have on it. Then introduce the healthcare worker in your life before pasting your interview questions and answers.

How long have you been a nurse/doctor?

[Their answer here]

What department do you work in?

[Their answer here]

What is your hospital's procedure in regard to COVID-19 patient care?

[Their answer here]

What is the protocol if you (or another nurse) shows signs of infection?

[Their answer here]

Were you ever without enough PPE?

[Their answer here]

What is the biggest change your day-to-day has faced because of COVID-19?

[Their answer here]

Describe your hospital's atmosphere.

[Their answer here]

How do you feel about the national news coverage of COVID-19? Accurate? Downplaying the situation?

[Their answer here]

How do you feel about your state's re-opening strategy? Do you think it's safe?

[Their answer here]

What is the biggest mistake you see people making in regard to COVID-19?

[Their answer here]

What advice can you give us for staying as healthy as possible?

[Their answer here]

How is your personal life impacted by COVID-19?

[Their answer here]

What can citizens in your area do to help healthcare workers fight COVID-19?

[Their answer here]

END TEMPLATE

How your finished interview and article should look:

I Spoke To A Portland IMCU Nurse About COVID-19 And, WOW, I Learned SO Much