Ode To My Messy Bun

Ode To My Messy Bun

I freakin' love you.
6

Dear Messy Bun,

Oh how you sit so perfectly on the side of my head, casually giving me the look of "I don't care today" and "I woke up like this".

I really don't know what I would do without you--when I'm running late and don't have time to shower, when I had time to shower but decided not to and now my hair is disgusting, or when I just can't wear it down anymore. You are the real MVP.

You have saved me in times of distress--when I wanted to wear a big comfy sweater, you are the perfect complement, when I want to throw on a hoodie and don't want my hair down, thank you for being there, and when I don't want to brush my hair in the morning, god bless your soul.

Messy Bun, I owe it all to you. You make me look good, even when I'm looking bad. You are there for me when my hair won't cooperate, when I literally roll out of bed and head to class, when I just don't want hair in my face that day. You are a life saver.

Thank you Messy Bun, for the time you have saved me, for the effort you have saved me, and for the "nice hobo-esque" look you give me. I appreciate you every single day of my life, whether you are there or not. Thank you for being a great looking messy bun--I love the compliments, and I love the questions. How do you get your messy bun like that? Is your hair naturally curly or something? Whats your secret?

But we will keep that between us Messy Bun, our relationship is too pure and committed to let others in on it. I freakin' love you. I don't know what I would do without you sometimes. (If only French Braid could get on board with us too, but they tend to look a little on the wild side.) I never had to practice with you Messy Bun, it just sort of happened right when I least expected it, like we were made for each other.

For years now, we have been inseparable, and I want to further our future together. I swear to always think of you in the morning, and before I go to bed at night, when I am having a bad hair day, and when I'm having a great hair day. I will be there for you, ponytail in hand, and ready to have you in my life. Although our times come and go, (because sometimes I have to dress nice), I always wish it were you by my side instead of those other styles. You really are the best of them all.

So here is my Ode to you Messy Bun, stay messy, stay a bun. Stay how you are. I love you exactly as you are right now, and I know we will sometimes disagree, but we are forever. I promise you that. We will always be there for each other--in the good times and bad, in sickness and in health.

Messy Bun, I thank you.