An Ode To The Pumpkin Spice Latte

An Ode To The Pumpkin Spice Latte

Many people like to give you a bad reputation. They try to tarnish your good name, but not today. No, today you will be held in the highest regard.
67

Pumpkin Spice Latte. PSL, if you may. It is finally your time to shine once again, and I could not be happier.

The moment the first leaves began to change color, I started dreaming of pumpkin everything. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin candles, pumpkin candy-corns, pumpkin patches, and, of course, pumpkin drinks. I started dreaming of you—the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Many people like to give you a bad reputation. They try to tarnish your good name, but not today. No, today you will be held in the highest regard. You are the best of the best, the epitome of what a fall beverage should taste like. Some might even say that your arrival brings about fall itself. I would have to agree.

Whether it is from the nearest Starbucks or the small drive-thru coffee stand on my way to work, a Pumpkin Spice Latte makes any day magical. Some might call me "Basic" when I order a PSL, and I am—Basically living the best life ever, that is.

This year I discovered that there is, in fact, a way to make you even better, my beautiful PSL. Of course, I will always love and cherish you in your pure form, but you have to understand that sometimes we could all use a little help to make us absolutely perfect. What is this glorious concoction, you ask?

I present you with:

The Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte.

Bam. I know. It is OK to be in shock, I was, too, the first time I heard of this incredible drink. Now I have another option when ordinary coffee just won't do. Thank you, PSL for sacrificing your solidarity to make my life even better.

Oh, Pumpkin Spice, if only I could repay you for all that you do for me. You make me happy when skies are gray. You warm me up when I'm walking to class. You are the perfect prop in my brick-wall-background candid pictures I post on Snapchat and Instagram. You give me another reason to laugh at frat boys, who refuse to try you in fear you might deconstruct their fragile masculinity. You are a true blessing to this Earth.

Though you are only here for a limited time, I will forever love you with all of my heart. You are the envy of all fall drinks and the pride of every coffee stand. You allow hipsters to stay trendy. You've given Millennials another thing for the world to hate them for, so thank you—I truly love ruining the world one avocado and PSL at a time.

I know that fall will be over all-too-soon and you will have to leave us until next year. I can only try to not think of it. We have to enjoy the time we have together while we have it. It does not do well to dwell on a future you cannot prevent.

As I finish drinking my PSCTL, I will say goodbye to you. Until tomorrow, that is.