NYE Festivities!

NYE Festivities!

A few ideas for New Year's Eve this weekend!

6
NYE Festivities!
eventbrite

If you are like me and have no idea what to freaking do for New Year's, especially in your semi-small town that has nothing to do - then I am here to save the day. Well, to save the day for anyone who lives in Fresno or California for that matter. I know it's hard to figure out and the fact that it's coming up in - what - two weeks now? It is going to be here before you know it.

Plus, I do not want anyone to do the same thing I did last year by going to really crappy scenes where nothing was happening and paying an Uber for zero reason. Ubers are nice, but paying that much money on New Year's Eve for no reason is a waste - that much I can tell you. So, here's a list of what is going on in California or you can always watch Ryan Secrest "Rockin' New Year's Eve" like I do.

1. Strummer's New Year's Eve Partay (21+)

They call it "NYE MAsh-Up Bash-Up Part 2" you can get 5$ tickets here, and make sure you are 21+ or else you will be wasting your money. However, if you want something lowkey and fun - this is for you.

I went last year and the vibes were good. It's in the bar and show area and overall it wasn't a bad time - but, the scene was more so middle-aged adults than people who were 22 years old.

2. EverAfter2017 5th Annual NYE Festival & Countdown (18+)

If you like EDM and that is totally 'your thing,' then this is for you. This happens every year and has happened for the past few years I have been 21. Located at the Rainbow Ballroom and it an 18+ event.

Unlike Strummers, this one allows anyone who is above the age of 18. So, if you are 18 and bored and have nothing to do on NYE then this could be for you. Lasers, lighting, live music and for only 10$? I would say that's a win.

3. Dave & Busters Family NYE 2017

We recently got a D&B here in Fresno and I would say it's decent. Not the best, not the worst place to be at on NYE. However, despite my thoughts - they are having a NYE Family 2017 Partaaaay. They have a bar, they have food and they have arcade games. What more could you want out of a night at D&B.

Prices are expensive and I express that because you are pretty much paying for at least 5-8 drinks in the price of the package. However, in the packages, you are getting waaaaay more than just the regular night of fun.

There are two packages on this special night and Package one ($30.26) comes with:

"NYE Family Package #1 Includes: Four Cheese PIzza Bites Crispy Chicken Bites with Ranch Bar Burgers Pretzel Dogs French Fries Brownies & Cookies Unlimited Soda $10 Power Card Entertainment."

and Package 2 ($38.64) comes with:

"NYE Family Package #1 Includes: Four Cheese PIzza Bites Crispy Chicken Bites with Ranch Bar Burgers Pretzel Dogs French Fries Brownies & Cookies Unlimited Soda $15 Power Card with Unlimited Video Game Play Entertainment."

4. A Great Gatsby Themed NYE Party 2017 - LA

If you are looking for a pricey, expensive night out with your main squeeze, this is it. Now it may be expensive, but it is also safe; which means, you are in an area where you are around a ton of people and probably security. For paying almost $1,000 for a package, I would hope so!

What: A Great Gatsby - Themed New Year's Eve Party

Where: W Hollywood Ballrooms, Los Angeles, CA

Date: Saturday, December 31, 2016

Time: 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Description: A New Year's celebration that even Jay Gatsby would be jealous of! A Great Gatsby-themed party might just be the best way to ring in the new year! Stay up until 1 in the morning with the city's best House DJ's, plenty of flashing lights and tons of fun.

5. Hollywood's NYE Pub Crawl 2017 - LA

PUB CRAWLS! They are honestly the best thing about being 21, if you like Pub Crawls and want to spend NYE somewhere other than here - this is it. 15 bucks for a single ticket, along with tickets for groups - you cannot beat that for the price.

What: New Year's Eve Pub Crawl In Hollywood

Where: Outpost Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA

Date: Saturday, December 31, 2017

Time: 6:00 PM - 2:00 AM

Description: If you need an excuse to drink on New Year's, a pub crawl will always suffice. This year's New Year's Hollywood Pub Crawl is going to be one wild ride along the Walk of Fame! Crawl your way into 2016 in one of the most glamorous cities in the world!

This list is not a lot of events - I could have done extensive research about what is going down in California; however, I wanted to give a sneak peek. What you could easily do for a little or - a lot - of money. How easy it is to simply make plans by even looking on Facebook. Here is to a fun and safe NYE 2017!