Let's face it, New York City is expensive! As a college student, I am always looking for good food at a great price. This is usually pretty tough to find, so here are some of my absolute favorite spots in New York City that are budget friendly and taste amazing too.

1. Indikitch- $11.99

Indikitch can best be described as an Indian food Chipotle. They have many locations in areas such as Columbus Circle, Rockefeller Center, and Times Square. There are all types of fast and easy Indian foods here, but the best deal, I think, is the "Live Fire® Feast." For $11.99, you can get a main dish and four sides! There are so many combinations you could make, but my personal favorite would be the Chicken Tikka Masala with sides of basmati rice, classic dal, carrots and cashews, and garlic naan. The meal is very filling and worth it for the price.

2. Miznon- $11.50

Miznon is a Mediterranean restaurant located in Chelsea Market. They have all types of Mediterranean foods but specialize in pitas. My personal favorite is the "Steak and Egg" Pita. It is a delicious pita that is given a fresh taste from tomatoes, sour cream, and cucumbers. For $11.50 it is an extremely good price as it is a large meal.

3. Yaso Tangbao- $3.95

Yaso Tangbao is located about three blocks from Grand Central making it a super convenient location for any commuter. They have fantastic soup dumplings for great prices! I would recommend trying the spicy pork soup dumplings. They are super cheap at $3.95 for one order. They even provide special soup dumpling spoons and a dipping sauce station for you to customize your soy sauce flavor to be exactly how you like it. Although I usually skip the soy sauce, many people choose to take the traditional soy sauce and make it spicy by adding their sauces to it. The overall value for the meal is outstanding. $3.95 for four dumplings is a steal and definitely fills you up!

4. Los Tacos No. 1- $3.95

Los Tacos No. 1 is a not-so-secret gem inside Chelsea Market. Even though the line is very long, the tacos at the end are definitely worth it. Customers can see the people making their tacos in a rapid-fire assembly line style. I would highly recommend the Carne Asada Taco (grilled steak) at $3.95 or the Adobada Taco (marinated pork) at $3.75. Both are great deals and extremely filling. My only warning is do not wear a white shirt when you go. The tacos are delicious and filled with sauce making it a great meal to dig in on at a low budget!

5.  The Casbah Halal Cart- $5.00

You can't talk about cheap meals in New York without throwing in a halal cart, and The Casbah is one of the best out there. It is located on the corner of 66th St. and Columbus Ave. The Casbah has a ton of traditional halal food as well as cheese steaks and hamburgers. However, I think their best dish has to be their Combo Platter. It is chicken and lamb with rice, a salad, and their specialty white sauce. It is a huge portion for its price of $5.00 making it, in my opinion, the best deal. (Ask for extra white sauce too!)