Not Till We Are Lost Do We Begin To Find Ourselves

You will be found.

165

We find ourselves stuck in a rut sometimes. Nothing is actually wrong, we just feel like nothing is actually right either. So we begin to question everything that we want to do, have done and are doing. As we search for those answers, we begin to get lost. Lost in looking for answers and missing life. Lost in the what can I do, the "what should I have done," and the "what am I doing." We make things worse for ourselves. We want to start making crazy changes. We start to think we aren’t being true to ourselves. We think we are lost souls.

We start to tell ourselves this isn’t who we are supposed to be. We think that we are just doing what everyone else wants us to do. Just meeting the expectations they have set for us, doing the things they think are best for us. I don’t know about you, but at times I felt as though I had to do things because that’s what everyone wanted to see me do. We get stuck in the ruts of life going through the motions. We start to lose touch with our goals and ourselves. So to the ones who are feeling lost, this one is for you.

Dear You,

I can see that you are misguided, lost in this game that we play, called life. I understand things may not be going your way, but I know you will come out of this strong.

I know you count down the days until you can find your way back to your true home.

I know you resent many things in your life too.

But, I know you will push through and conquer whatever life hands you.

Please wipe those tears from your face. The tears that you have shed in your unhappy moments. Erase the dark clouds that hover above you as you cry. You are better than that and I know it.

Please, lost ones. Do not feel like this is the end. That life is always bad. Lost girl, you will always have a family here waiting for you when the time is ready. A family that will provide you the love that you deserve.

Do not believe that your true family does not love you. They hold a love so strong for you. It may not seem like it, but it is true.

Listen lost ones, the clouds may be thick at the moment, but soon they will clear. Your pathway to your happiness will be visible again.

Hold strong even at your weakest moments.

When you feel as though the world will crash down at your feet, you stand up tall and keep your head held high.

I commend you for not showing your fears so blatantly to the world. For smiling through the pain, even when the tears were starting to overpower. For not being as fragile as everyone thought you to be. It’s not your fault that you don’t know who you are anymore. It's not your fault the light in your eyes is gone. It’s not like you did it on purpose. In this world, it is hard to be yourself, or really even know yourself.

It’s like you are expected to know exactly how to be a functioning human, you are not allowed to have flaws, or think outside the box, or ask questions.

You fear of being too much, or not enough. It’s like there is no common ground anymore. Everywhere you turn, there is someone standing there to tell you that you are living life the wrong way.

Well, guess what? You’re not.

You are amazing, and you are a force to be reckoned with. Please do not let anyone rob you of your innocence, from the happy moments in your life that you possess.

Continue to push through any bullies that come your way. Hop through all the obstacles you face in life. Come out being the star.

Come out with a fresh face filled with happiness and joy. A life filled with crazy adventures with crazy friends.

A life knowing that you lived it to the fullest and did not feel pressured negatively to fulfill a role not meant for you.

Life is meant to be lived. Mistakes are meant to be made. Nobody does everything right on their first try. So why be so hard on yourself?

Perfection is unattainable.

No man or woman or life event can define who you are as a person. Nobody can take away your power, your voice. You are capable of so many things, you just have to realize that you yourself can do anything if you set your mind to it. No matter what your past is, you hold the keys to your future.

Your image does not define you. Never ever let anybody tell you that how you look is wrong and bring you down for it. You can look however you want. If that means no makeup or all the makeup then go for it. Don't be afraid to cut your hair different, or rock a different outfit. Look how you want. Never ever let anybody tell you that you aren’t beautiful.

You are allowed to do what you want, and nobody can tell you otherwise. Stay up late, read that book, eat that cookie, go to school, go to that party. Don’t let a fear of what others will say hold you back.

You're worth more than you could ever imagine. And no matter what you're going through, no matter the pain you are now enduring, I promise you'll come out so much stronger on the other side.

Trust me.

Sincerely,

A girl who was once lost.

We aren’t lost souls because most of us aren’t actually lost. The truth is, we are trying too hard to get to the destination that we forget everything else. We forget about the life we are living. If you just stay positive, then you will be reminded why you are traveling on the path that you are. We are on a certain path for a certain reason. Maybe you need to walk astray for a moment to be reminded or you just need a glimpse as to what is at the end. No matter what it is, just never forget you are not lost. You aren’t alone. Even if it feels like there is no one around, you know that other people are feeling exactly what you feel. Have faith that the direction you are headed is the right one even if you are the only one headed that way. Some of the best people in this world walk a path of their own.

Next time you feel lost, stop and look around at all that you have. Think about where you are going. Think about where you have been. Then keep moving; whether it is in the same direction or a different one, keeping moving because in the end you will get somewhere and everything you have done will pay off. Just always remember you are not lost, at least not as lost as you think you are.