Christmas Songs That Don't Suck

12 Christmas Songs That Don't Suck

All I want for Christmas is no more Mariah Carery.

40
12 Christmas Songs That Don't Suck

It's finally that time of the year. Although Christmas doesn't come for another two whole weeks, Christmas is definitely still in full swing. Decorations are up and Christmas music has been blaring since before Thanksgiving. The one thing I dread about the holidays is the nonstop cheesy Christmas music that I hear for six weeks straight with no absolutely no break.

With that being said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy listening to Christmas music in moderation; the good stuff, at least. With all the Christmas and holiday music floating around, it's difficult to weed through the cheesy songs we've all been hearing our entire lives and find the music that's actually good. Now you don't have to! Here are just a few Christmas songs that are actually good.

"Hot Chocolate (feat. Jerry Paper)" - Tyler, The Creator

Tyler, The Creator curating a family-friendly rap/hip-hop version of a Christmas album is probably the most iconic thing to ever happen to Christmas music. This song and album are so good I would listen to them year-round.

"Mistletoe" - Justin Bieber

This song might be an incredibly basic pop song, but it's actually one of the best Christmas songs I've ever heard.

"Light of the World (Behold Version)" - Lauren Daigle

I hadn't heard much of or about Lauren Daigle until I had to work at her concert in Orlando a little while ago. I was blown away by not only her voice but how she styled her Christmas album and included such a large jazz influence. The entire album is absolutely beautiful but this original song really encapsulates the album as a whole.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - She & Him

Sometimes, indie Christmas music can be a bit pretentious. However, She & Him managed to spit out a timeless Christmas album that's dreamy and classic.

"Santa Tell Me" - Ariana Grande

Woman of the Year, Queen of Pop, and now the Queen of Christmas. Ariana Grande's Christmas repertoire is exactly what everyone needs to brighten their spirits this Christmas so, of course, she had to be included.

"Hallelujah" - Pentatonix

This isn't necessarily a classic Christmas song, but I count it because it was released on a Christmas album. This cover is absolutely beautiful and I listened to it on repeat for weeks when it was first released.

"Blue Christmas" - Elvis Presley

While cheery, positive Christmas music is essential to the Christmas spirit, I love that this song embraces the not-so-good Christmas some people have. Also, Elvis is amazing.

"Santa's Coming For Us" - Sia

Apparently, I can't get enough of pop Christmas albums and this is no exception.

"Last Christmas" - Wham!

A Christmas playlist is not a Christmas playlist without this song. This might be a controversial statement, but this is the best Christmas song ever made.

"Thank God It's Christmas" - Queen

Queen and Ariana Grande both won this year so why not represent them?

"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" - John Lennon

This song is amazing and should always be included in the Christmas playlist.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" - Larry Lovestein and Ariana Grande

There is no way I could curate this playlist and not include this song. Mac Miller, as musical alter ego Larry Lovestein, joins Ariana Grande for this beautiful, melancholy version of the classic (and somewhat controversial) ballad.