To My Baby Brother

To My Baby Brother

Who is not so little anymore.

142

Dear Baby Brother,

Every time I come home it feels like you have grown a million feet taller. Sometimes this is true.

Every time I ask about you I notice how much you are growing up.

I want you to know how proud I am of you. You are growing up to be so respectful, so loving, and so caring; traits I often times don't see enough anymore.

I want you to know that you should never change who you are. You should never think you are ordinary but absolutely amazing. You never let anyone's words change you, and that is something I have always loved about you.

You remain unapologetically yourself, and in this day and age, that is so rare.

You are successful with whatever you put your mind to. You are one of the brightest people I know. The way you think is so original and creative.

I remember over six years ago you told our parents you wanted to begin drum lessons, and since then you cease to amaze me.

As the years go by you continue to amaze me with your big heart and giving nature.

I'm sorry that I'm no longer there for you every minute of every day but know that I will always be here for you. Please know that I am just a phone call away.

I miss you constantly, even though we had our problems you are still my favorite person in the world.

I want you to know how important you are and always will be to me. I want you to know how much you can and will change the world.

Please continue to be you and never let anyone tell you otherwise. You are not annoying, but full of life. I want you to know how beautiful that is. You will succeed in everything you ever put your mind to. You are capable of so much.

Please never change who you are. Please keep me in mind when you're famous and successful. You are smarter and more kind than you will ever believe. A room lights up whenever you're in it. Your energy for life is unmeasurable.

I want you to know how special you actually are. I hope this article is helping you see that a little bit. I love you!

Love,

Your older sister