I Am Not One Thing: An Autobiography

I Am Not One Thing: An Autobiography

"I am not small. I am not finished."

99
I Am Not One Thing: An Autobiography
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/25/636444958358327483-853835686_P1000356e2.jpg

I am not one thing.

I think that to resign yourself to one singular way of thinking is to submit to ignorance and to admit that you are okay with that.

I am not content. I do not intend to watch everything pass me by as if I am standing in the eye of a tornado.

I am the tornado.

I am a Christian; I am a bit of an existentialist; and I love the idea of reincarnation. I am an ally; I am a feminist; and I believe that monsters are created, not born. I am a ponderer. I love to imagine all of the ways in which evolutionism and creationism can be one in the same. I like to think that science's "big bang" could be Christianity's creation.

I think that time is arbitrary and that numbers consist of manmade values, and therefore can never be wholly trusted.

I am a firm believer that every single person on this Earth is capable of love. And I believe in justice, but I do not believe in human judgement.

I believe that the confederate flag is more offensive to the unity of this country than someone kneeling during the anthem. I am aware that most people on Facebook will disagree with me. I am not sorry.

I am the product of a proposal in the Wal-Mart produce section and I am a hopeless romantic. I am a college graduate, yet I will always be a student. I am a filmmaker, and I am an actor. I am a writer, and I am a reader.

I read comic books.

I hate YouTube ads, yet I am capable of spending hours watching celebrities chat on talk shows. I am a fan. I am ashamed that it took me nineteen years to see Star Wars. I am unashamed that I cried during Episode VII. I am probably a Sith more than a Jedi.

I was once told that "girls can't hunt" and even though I don't anymore, I never believed that.

I am nostalgic for everything; I am emotional; and I am positive that I will cry on my wedding day. I can spend days looking at old photographs and hours talking to my grandparents. I am loved.

I am a collector of things that I do not need. I am proud of my action figures. I once spent an entire summer watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer over and over again.

I am someone who prefers a cold room with blankets over a hot room with fans; I love chocolate milk; and I am afraid of homes with unfinished basements. I have always wanted a bunny rabbit; I am (slowly) learning Hebrew; I am sensitive.

I occasionally sleepwalk and I have very vivid dreams while doing so. I am not sure if there is a word for that.

I think words are beautiful; I like to think I could be a philosopher; and I hate that I have spent my entire life in places that rarely see snow.

I hate the thunder that makes a home shake, but I love the way rain sounds on a tin roof, and you often do not have one without the other.

I look like my mother, who looks like my grandfather, who looks like his mother. I am proud of that.

I will cry during moments that are not sad in films, but I rarely cry at funerals. I am confused by that.

I am opinionated, and have spent a great deal of time learning how to hold my tongue. I am a registered voter; I read more news than I watch; and I find solace in being able to laugh at myself.

I am terrified of public speaking, but I love being in front of a camera. I recently learned that I am terrified of jumping from even the shortest of cliffs, but I desperately want to go skydiving.

I am determined to travel. I have always wanted to meet Ellen DeGeneres. I am stubborn; I am loud; and I am also very quiet.

I am proud of my friends, even when they are not proud of themselves. I am lucky. I am thankful. I am learning to be confident.

I am not my body; I am not my name; I am not what other people think of me. I am a thinker, even if others think I think too little. I was born and I will always be a child. I am a woman and I will someday be a mother. I am not small. I am not finished.

I am not one thing.