I have fought long and hard to be noticed in a crowd of people who seem to only be good at college. They get the grades, the friends, and free time. I seem to really struggle to balance all of that on top of battling some pretty bad anxiety and depression. I am here to tell you that if you feel "average" in college, that you are doing great. Greatness isn't one road that leads to all the others; it is many different roads that lead to all successes in life.

I have struggled through school, plain and simple. I haven't always been the best at memorizing facts and grasping concepts the same as a lot of my classmates have. I believe there is such a thing as a "school" person because more often than not, I have seen people just get good grade after good grade while watching them do the minimum for them. For myself, I can put my heart and soul into an assignment and come out with a less than perfect grade.

I am not putting down those who get those good grades but I am instead lifting up those people who try their hardest and come out with mixed results. It is so hard to go through school, more specifically high school and college, and watch your peers get praised for being in any kind of honors program and you have to step to the side. This isn't to say that I have never made A's or B's because most of my grades are those, but I do get C's sometimes and even a D once. I am not perfect and it shows.

It is okay to not be recommended for that honors program or recognized all the time. This doesn't mean that you are any less smart or great of a person than the honors student. It just means that you may learn differently than that student. Never feel ashamed of being different. You are still going to get where they are and you will still be able to follow your own path to greatness. Greatness isn't one road that leads to all the others; it is many different roads that lead to all successes in life.