You cannot be happy all the time

Just Because You Aren't Happy All The Time Doesn't Mean You Are A Bad Person

You are human and you are trying to be the best kind of human you can be.

257

Think of all the things that make you happy. Whether that be warm weather, family, your favorite food, favorite memory, or most people's favorite is puppies (of course!). But sometimes, some days those happy things don't always make you happy. Happiness can sometimes be hard to come by some days.

Personally, I am a people pleaser. If you don't know what a people pleaser entails, it's someone that really really REALLY wants to make someone happy. No matter what it is, they always make the effort to make the other happy, even if it is in front of their own happiness.

For me, I will do whatever I can to make someone else happy. I have given up plans for someone, I have made decisions based on someone's own thoughts, I have become so used to making others happy before myself that I now heavily rely on it. I cannot go a moment of deciding what I truly want without knowing what others think of me, especially the important people in my life. What I have now come across is when those people's decisions oppose to what I really want, it is hard to face. Do I make the people around me happy or do I go through with what I really want?

Some people also struggle with making themselves happy. They may go days, weeks, even months of being happy with whatever is bothering them.

Sometimes, people expect you to be happy all the time. Or that's what you think. Being the smiling happy person is what you are known for in your group of friends. That person is me. I am the person that always smiles when someone had a bad day. But no one asks if I ever had a bad day. No matter what the day holds, I will always have a smile on your face. When I have a bad day with no one to talk to, it affects me over time. Most of the time, I push it down and move on. What if that bad day turns into more bad days than good days? Everyone wonders why you can't always be happy.

I have not met one person that has continued to stay happy for days and weeks on end constantly. I don't know if it is humanly possible. Emotions are normal. You experience sadness, anger, jealousy, fear, and insecurities just as much as you experience happiness. So why is it that people expect me to be happy all the time? Or at least I think they expect me to be happy.

I believe that I am putting this burden on myself that I always have to be happy for everyone.

So that way people can like me, they feel better after a long, hard day, and I have a clear conscious. Being happy is great, but when you have to feel it all the time is exhausting and makes you hurt in the long run.

No matter what you are feeling, don't be ashamed. You are not a bad person for not being the best person you can be. You are human and you are trying to be the best kind of human you can be. When you get down, think of your happy things and make yourself happy once in awhile.