Not Every Trans Person Wants To Serve, But It's Nice To Have The Option/Right To

seriously tho have I done something wrong?
27

Transgender rights are human rights.

Not all Trans people to enlist in the military, just like not all cisgender people want to enlist in the military.

The health insurance cost will not sky rocket, when we spend the just as much money if not more, on things that isn't a medical necessity.

Not all Trans people want to undergo medical procedures and medication.

This isn't about money, this is about people who are too scared to understand different people and rather be hostile and harsh about it without actually formulating a plan that works for everyone. This is about someone who rather "tweet" a message without even consulting those in the pentagon who are working hard to ensure that Transgender people are able to actually serve in this country.

There are so many trans people who would die for this country. There are so many people who transition after they have served because they loved this country so much.

With this news on top of the health care fiasco we've been hearing, it's very hard for a trans person to be positive. It's very hard to walk outside the house without feeling paranoid, feeling unsafe and vulnerable. Right now as is, Trans people out of the LGBTQIA community has the highest attempted suicide rates in youth and young adults. They also have a harder time getting documents changed to live a semi-normal life. They also have a harder time getting jobs, while most locations and states only offer protection against discrimination of sexual orientation, not many offer protection over discrimination of gender identity/gender expression.

While the Commander in chief has expressed his concerns about transgender people serving in the armed forces, it is something that he just cannot overturn with just a tweet thread. While he is the commander in chief there is still military personnel who greatly disagree with his comments. It was just about a year ago that the US Military and Pentagon officials deemed trans people eligible to serve in the US armed forces. It was just taking a year at least to put the policies into effect but it needed to be changed all across the boards among all the branches of the military. It was regarding medical transition support, policies to include them into the barracks, the bathroom policies and implementing rules and regulations that'll be obeyed by everyone.

I am scared for this country that keeps implementing harmful laws and changes to a very small minority group. There is not enough trans people to overturn any big group or make any big changes that disrupt the flow of society. The hate they get as a very small minority group shows how much the majority hate the people who barley make up 1% of the US population. Hate is still very much alive, may not be segregated as it once was less than a century ago, but it is cleverly disguised as "rules and regulations for the safety of the children"

#TransRightsAreHumanRights