It's Not You, It's Most Guys

It's Not You, It's Most Guys

Rest in the fact that it's not just you as an individual who is a poor representation of the male gender, it's actually most of you.
412

Boys. Can't live with them, can't live without them — or, maybe we can.

It's nothing personal when I say this, boys, really, it's not you, it's most guys.

Notice, I said most because I know for a fact there are wonderful guys out there, like the man who raised me, my father.

But, when it comes to most of the guys I've met that are in my same age bracket, let's just say, "don't let the door hit you on the way out."

I'm tired of this societal standard that girls need a man because then, guess what? Guys assume we need them. Guys assume that women need them to make something of themselves, but that's not the case at all.

Every guy I meet automatically assumes that I would just bow down to whatever their life goals and life plans are.

Newsflash: I won't.

There's a difference between compromising and expecting the other person to just up and leave their goals and aspirations in the dirt because you feel that yours are more important.

There's nothing wrong with willingly wanting to be a stay-at-home mom, but most guys just assume that you're going to be OK with that.

That's wrong.

Not every female was placed on this Earth to be a stay-at-home housewife. For those who do it, there's nothing wrong with it, but, like I said, men need to stop assuming that it's their choice whether or not women get to pursue their career goals and aspirations.

Men's career goals are not more important than women's career goals. They're equally important.

So, it's nothing personal when I say I'm not interested, it's just that I'm really not interested in being treated as though I am less than anyone else — especially on the basis of my gender.

Not all women dream of being a mom, but it's OK, it's not just you who thinks that. It's most guys, so you're in good company.