11 Scenes From Barbie Movies That'll Make The Little Girl Inside You Very Nostalgic

Because you can't go wrong with Barbie movies.

1151
Author's photo

Growing up, Barbie was a huge part of my life. My sister and I spent hours after school when we were kids playing with our Barbies, and in being such big fans, the old Barbie movies were (and still are) some of my favorite movies out there.

They act as a staple of my childhood and, as silly as it may seem, help lift my mood even now at age 20 when I'm feeling upset or in need of some of that childhood warmth. I remember spending hours with my sister, curled up in blankets, eyes glued to the television, watching and re-watching those movies.

Whether it be the music, the dances, or the characters, these movies hold a very special place in my heart, especially these 11 scenes:

1. Barbie Rapunzel (2002): Painting Dresses

Everything about this scene, from the music to the dresses themselves (especially the last one), reminds me so much of my favorite childhood movie.

2. Barbie Princess and the Pauper (2004): Free

This song will always be my favorite Barbie song. The movie, in all it's magic, delivers some of the most memorable songs between two very different, and yet very similar girls both struggling between duty and dreams.

3. Barbie in the Twelve Dancing Princesses (2006): Princess Ballet

The music, the dresses, and the magic create incredible feelings of nostalgia.

4. Barbie of Swan Lake (2004): Ballet in the Enchanted Forest

Barbie movies usually feature a lot of dancing, and this movie is (of course) no exception!

5. Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001): Clara and the Prince dance

This was the first Barbie movie I ever watched, and this scene remains one of the best in the movie, in my opinion, to this day.

6. Barbie and the Three Musketeers (2009): All for One

This is a slightly newer Barbie movie, but I still remember watching (and loving) it!

7. Barbie Princess and the Pauper (2004): Girl Like You

Another song from this amazing movie.

8. Barbie as The Island Princess (2007): Right Here in my Arms

I'll admit, this song made me cry.

9. Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (2005): Ice Skating

I always wanted to be able to ice skate like Annika in Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus.

10. Barbie: Mermaidia (2006): Wings for a Tail

Not going to lie, my sister and I would pretend we were swimming in the "Depths of Despair" like Elina and Nori.

11. Barbie and the Diamond Castle (2008): Two Voices, One Song

Because you can't go wrong with a story about two best friends.