Got cramps? It happens to the best of us, ladies… *sigh* You might find yourself constantly thinking, “Where da bottle of Advil at!” but it doesn’t always have to be that way. Here are nine ways to make your ~*favorite*~ time of the month a little less painful!

1. Light exercise

Anything too extreme might even lead to greater discomfort, but doing a short workout at the gym or going for a walk around your college campus if the weather is nice, on the other hand, can really work wonders!

2. Avoid caffeine

In order to avoid that “bloated” feeling, say, “TTFN!” to Starbucks and Dunkin’ for the next seven days! Although you might feel a little more lethargic, it is so worth it not to feel like a beached whale…

3. Gentle stretching, such as yoga

There very well may be a reason why curling up in a ball feels like such a good idea for the next several days! Gently stretching those lower-tummy muscles, particularly in the “extended child’s pose” or “camel pose,” can provide some temporary relief that can prevent you from having to cancel your lunch date with a friend.

4. Meditation

Find any promising-looking YouTube meditation video, pop in those ear buds, and drift off to a mental paradise that will allow you to forget your tummy troubles for a blissful 15 minutes or so.

5. Avoid salty, fatty foods

Just say no to French fries and potato chips (as sad as it is!). Similar to caffeine, these foods will make you highly regret your life choices – unless you’re purposefully going for the “beached whale” look!

6. Have (a very small quantity) of dark chocolate

Too much dark chocolate can make some people break out in acne or suffer from anxiety attacks from the natural caffeine, but just the right amount can provide you with both healthy antioxidants and a little boost of the “happy” hormone, dopamine!

7. Take naps

Getting some extra Z’s helps to stabilize your moods, which might otherwise fluctuate if you aren’t feeling well. Also, this is a win-win, because when you’re asleep, you won’t be able to feel pain!

8. Take a long, hot shower

Water, in general, can lighten your flow, and warmth can soothe your cramping muscles – and long showers are always a good idea.

9. Physical intimacy

Woah, woah, woah! Before you reluctantly tell the love of your life/hookup buddy/other attractive fellow of interest to hold off for the week, think again! Sexual activity (or, for the squeamish people reading this who are thinking, NO FRICKIN’ WAY. NOT HAPPENING. NOPE., just hugging and kissing!) releases oxytocin, the “love” hormone, which can help combat the grumpy emotions that all-too-often can accompany a bad case of the cramps.

Hopefully, if you try out these nine tips, you'll notice a definite difference!