9 TV Shows That Deserve To Be Binge Watched

It’s always a good time to binge watching.

37
Victoria Heath / Unsplash

I have always been a big viewer of so many television shows. I have watched dramas like ABC/CMT's "Nashville". I have watched comedies like NBC's "Parks and Recreation". I watch reality tv shows like E!'s "Keeping Up with the Kardashians". I have watched crime thrillers like NBC's "The Blacklist".

One of my favorite free time activities is watching TV or streaming Netflix or Hulu.

I know in this day in age, a lot of people prefer to watch their favorite television shows on streaming services or on demand because people don't want to watch commercials. They are boring and repetitive.

Binge watching has become a normal thing in our lives over the past six years or so because of on demand and streaming services

On my social media feeds, I always see my friends asking for recommendations for old or new television shows to binge watch on Netflix and Hulu.

They are so many shows out there to watch. I didn't even know how to begin creating a list of shows you can binge watch next but I tried to the best I could with shows I loved to binge watch by myself or with my friends.

Futurama

ARS Technica

"Futurama" is an animated science fiction sitcom that aired on Fox for four seasons from 1999 to 2003. It was canceled but later revived for another three seasons on Comedy Central from 2008 to 2013.

The series follows the adventures of Philip J. Fry, who was accidentally cryogenically preserved for 1000 years and wakes up in the 31st century.

He finds work at a delivery company with a robot, some aliens, and a mad scientist who happens to be Fry's distant relative.

Home Improvement

Amazon

"Home Improvement" is a sitcom, based off the stand-up comedy of Tim Allen, that aired on ABC for eight seasons from 1991 to 1999.

The series is about Tim Taylor, his wife Jill, and his three children Brad (the oldest), Randy (the middle child), and Mark (the youngest).

Tim Taylor is a stereotypical American man who loves cars, tools, and sports. He is the co-host of a home improvement show called "Tool Time" along with Al Borland.

Sex and the City

HBO

"Sex and the City" is a romantic comedy-drama, based off the book of the same name, that aired on HBO for six seasons from 1998 to 2004.

The show follows Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, Charlotte York, and Miranda Hobbes, who are in their mid-thirties and early forties living in New York City who, despite their different personalities and ever-changing sex lives, remain inseparable and confide in each other as best friends.

One Tree Hill

The CW

"One Tree Hill" is a drama series that first aired on The WB which later aired to The CW. It had a total of nine seasons from 2003 to 2012.

The show is set in the fictional North Carolina town called Tree Hill. It follows the lives of two half brothers, Lucas and Nathan Scott, and their romances which include Peyton Sawyer, Haley James, and Brooke Davis.

The first four seasons mainly focused on the main characters' lives in high school while the later season was about their lives after college.

Friends

Warner Brothers Television

"Friends" is a sitcom that aired on NBC for ten seasons from 1994 to 2004.

The series follows the ever-changing lives of six friends, Monica Geller, Ross Geller, Rachel Green, Chandler Bing, Phoebe Buffay, and Joey Tribbiani, who live in Manhattan, New York City.

Revenge

Wiki Fandom

"Revenge" is a drama series that aired on ABC for four seasons from 2011 to 2015.

The show follows Emily Thorne when she moves into a small beach house in the Hamptons that is next door to the mansion of the wealthy family, the Graysons. You soon find out Emily is actually Amanda Clarke, whose father was framed by the Graysons for treason. Her father was sentenced to life in prison and was later murdered by associates of the Grayson family.

The main focus of the show is Emily/Amanda's plot to destroy every person who played a role in her father's imprisonment.

Gossip Girl

Vanity Fair

"Gossip Girl" is a teen drama series, based off the the book series of the same name, that aired on The CW for six seasons from 2007 to 2012.

The show revolves around the lives of privileged upper-class adolescents like main characters Serena van der Woodsen, Blair Waldorf, Dan Humphrey, Nate Archibald, Jenny Humphrey, Chuck Bass, and Vanessa Adams living in Manhattan's Upper East Side.

Rizzoli & Isles

Amazon

"Rizzoli & Isles" is a crime drama that aired on TNT for seven seasons from 2010 to 2016.

The series follows police detective Jane Rizzoli and medical examiner Dr. Maura Isles as their solve crimes together side by side in Boston, Massachusetts.

Jersey Shore

THOMAS P. COSTELLO

"Jersey Shore" is a reality tv show that aired on MTV for six season from 2009 to 2012.

The series follows the lives of eight housemates, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Vinny Guadagnino, Samantha "Sammi Sweetheart" Giancola, Paul "Pauly D" DelVecchio, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Jennifer "JWoww" Farley, Ronnie Ortiz-Magro, and Deena Nicole Cortese (seasons 3-6), who spend their summer together in a vacation home in Seaside Heights, New Jersey (season one, three, five, six), South Beach, Florida (season two), and Florence, Italy (season four).