To The Girl Who Everyone Deems 'Too Nice'

I'd rather be too nice than to be a mean girl.
191

To The Girl That People Say Is “Too Nice”

First I would like to say, welcome to the club. There are more of us than you think, we just spread out more in the world. Today, everyone is becoming more about themselves and what people can do for them, rather than thinking of others and what you could do to help.

We are the latter in the situation and we most certainly are proud of that.

Whether you are out at the store and you see someone drop a dollar, rather than keeping it, you might give it to the person you saw drop it. There may be that time when you address a cashier or employee by their first name; because, yes they have first names. It is on their name tags.

You might get a phone call at 3 in the morning from a friend in need and even though you love sleep, you stilll rush to her aid. You find out that one of your classmates is having a sad day so you pick them up a coffee or a granola bar just so they know there is someone out there willing to help. Sometimes it can be draining, but when you see the action for what you have done have changed; you cannot help but smile and feel good about yourself.

To the girl that is wondering if you are too nice for your own good. Get that negative talk out of your head! Be proud of who you are. Be proud that your parents raised you to being a good-hearted human being. Whenever someone descibes me, “nice” is usually within the top 5 descriptive words they would give. It is kind of a no-brainer, I have earned it and I would not give it up to be “cool”.

I am not saying that we are better than everyone else. But what I am saying is that the world may be a tad bit better if we were not cutting eachother down and going down eachother’s throats. But instead we take that extra second to do something nice. Take the extra moment to put ourselves in other people’s shoes.

Maybe just maybe, people could see it our way.

To the girl that is deemed “too nice”, maybe some people out there are “too mean” ever thought of that? Like, who hurt them?

Please do not give up your kindness to fit in. Do not let anyone cover your sunshine either. There is a difference between being too nice, and being a walking doormat.

A complete stranger might do it, your parents, your boyfriend, even your best friend. You have to take care of yourself. If what you are doing to help them isn’t hurting you; then I do not see the actual problem in the act.

To the girl that is the definition of “You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important.” Take it to heart. There are only so many true hearted people in the world and unfortunately the numbers are decreasing.

Please stand true to who you are.

And again, have a wonderful day!

-Fellow “Too Nice” Girl