To The Next Guy Who Falls In Love With Me

"She fell for him and hasn't gotten up since" -Losin' Control by Russ

430
Instagram

To the next guy that loves me—

At this point in my life, I am very aware that loving someone like me is not smooth sailing. I admit it: it’s not easy to love me. I’m not a needy person all the time, but there will be moments where I will need you to be here for me.

Whether it be because I’m having a horrible day, or my anxiety is off the walls or I’m just feeling really depressed for no reason.

I will also doubt you at times, especially when you first begin to fall for me. I can assure you that it has nothing to do with you personally, it’s because of my past experiences. I have a hard time trusting people because so many people have fooled me in the past. It’s hard to believe that someone’s feelings for me are real.

It just doesn’t seem possible.

I can assure you that I will put all my belief and hope into you though, despite those doubts and hesitations. I’m trusting you with my heart unless you prove to me I shouldn’t.

A lot of people like to play 'hard to catch' but to be completely honest, it doesn’t take much to win me over once you have my trust. Sometimes I feel like I fall too hard and too fast. It’s like I let my feelings get ahead of me. Once you win me over though I can assure you I will love you with my whole heart. I want to truly get to know you inside and out.

I want you to trust me with everything, and I will do the same in return. Keep in mind that the more comfortable I get, the more you’ll see of me. There’s a part of me that not everyone gets to see. A whole side of my personality that not even my closest friends may know exist.

Something you should keep in mind is that I am young, but I’m in this for the long-run. It’s not just a game to me; I’m not dating you for a breakup. I’m dating you because there’s potential for forever with you. I hope that is your intention as well. Once you win me over, you need to make sure you really want this.

You have to keep in mind it won’t be all rainbows and butterflies—all relationships have problems and times of weakness. You just have to be willing to push through those times with me.

Another thing you should probably keep in mind is that I am an emotional person. It is literally the strongest point on my personality test. You need to be willing to accept me, even if at times I’m an emotional mess—whether it be good or bad emotions. What’s good about this though, is that I can assure you that I will never leave you questioning my feelings for you.

I will never take you for granted. In the past, I’ve gotten so used to being with someone, that I forget how special it is to have them in my life, but I know now to make the most of every moment I have with you. I understand that we both have lives outside of each other, and I promise I won’t smother you constantly looking for attention or to see each other, all I ask is you don’t forget about me and push me to the side.

If I’m with you, it means that the feelings are real. In other words, I don’t just date for the status, I date because I actually have those feelings. If I tell you that I love you, just know I mean it. I very rarely tell people those three words if that says anything.

Honesty is one of the most important things to me in any type of relationship, especially a romantic relationship. In a relationship I expect us to be loyal to each other, I expect us to grow together as individuals, I expect us to be understanding of each other, and I expect us to respect each other.

If I am ever out of line, I hope you are able to trust and love me enough to call me out, as I would do with you. I want to apologize ahead of time if I ever upset you or disappoint you. Just know that I don’t mean to. We are only human, and we will have our flaws, so I don’t expect you to be perfect 100% of the time.

Another important thing to me is communication. If we are far apart from each other for whatever reason, I don’t want you to go completely silent on me because that’ll cause unnecessary anxiety. A simple check-in, good morning, etc. text will help keep that anxiety away. If you have a problem or concern about something or you’re not doing okay, I hope you’d communicate that with me, so I can do something about it. I promise I will do all of these and more for you, and I hope you’d be able to promise the same to me.

So yes—I may be a difficult person to love, but if you can still love me despite my flaws, you’ve already won my heart. I promise to love you as much as you love me, and I promise that I’ll never lead you on. I will always be honest with you about everything. Thank you for being in my life and loving me unconditionally. Most importantly, thank you for giving me the chance to love you.

Yours truly,

The girl that loves you back.