To The Newly Graduated Seniors, Thank You

A thank you to the new alumni who made my freshman year great.
169

Dear Newly Graduated College Seniors,

Thank you for coming into my life when you did. As you were preparing to leave college, I was just getting started. You have shaped my life and my future career in many, many ways and I am proud to have gone to college with you for the short time I was allowed.

First of all, thanks for showing me that graduation will happen. Whether it is in four years or five years I have seen that graduation is a possibility and not just a distant dream. I feared when I first began my college career that I would not be able to graduate but you have shown me that with the right amount of perseverance and confidence I will be able to get my undergraduate degree.

You guys have also taught me not to let the problems of becoming an actual adult let you down. It is okay to cry and ask for help when I have a situation I do not think I can handle. You guys supported me through many obstacles my freshmen year of college and I will continue to support you as you move on to bigger and better things.

One of the most important lessons you taught me is not to dismiss the freshmen. I was so scared you guys would automatically shut me down because you were on your way to graduation and did not want to make any more connections or friends that you would leave behind. All of you took me in and listened to me and gave me memories that I will personally cherish for the remainder of my college career and even after I graduate.

Thank you, now alumni, for being my friend and giving me a place in your lives. Please keep in touch and visit. I can not wait to have an amazing Alumni Weekend because of the amazing seniors I was blessed to meet as a freshmen.