New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions

New Year, New Resolutions!

9
New Year's Resolutions
Google Images

As 2017 begins, we all have resolutions which can make this the best year of our lives. Typically our resolutions include goals such as work out more frequently or eat healthier. Although these are great resolutions which we should strive to achieve, I have come up with a couple different resolutions for this upcoming year.

1) Be More Forgiving

Being a forgiving person is so much easier in theory than in real life. This year, let's try to be people who are more ready to forgive. Keeping angry feelings and holding grudges will only lead to broken and damaged relationships, so let's strive to give grace to the people in our lives. We also should be more forgiving towards ourselves. Whether you fail a test or were not a good friend, you have to forgive yourself in order to grow and become a stronger person.

2) Be More Charitable

During the holiday season it is easier to be in a more generous spirit, but soon after our desire to help others tends to burn out. This year, we can try to keep giving throughout the whole of 2017, rather than just during the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. Giving money, food, or your time are all ways that you can be charitable throughout this year!

3) Be More Positive

Hope, positivity, and optimism should be three characteristics that mark the new year! Often we find ourselves complaining about some of the biggest blessings in our lives. For example, I find myself complaining about school work and the stress that comes with it, when being educated is a gift. Sometimes, we need to take a step back and realize how lucky we are. Having a grateful and positive outlook on life will make this year one of the best!

4) Be More Courageous

Whether this means trying out a new club or talking to new people, get out of your comfort zone this year! Good things come from pushing yourself to try new things. You may find that you love to play the piano or discover your passion for cooking, but you do not know until you try. So shake the fear of the unknown and own this year!

I hope these can be resolutions that you choose to pursue this year. They can help make 2017 a more positive and productive year!