Top 10 New Years Resolutions

Top 10 New Years Resolutions

Bring in the new year right

403
https://www.instagram.com/iamabackpacker/?hl=en
Instagram

Here are some of the most generic yet popular resolutions to take on in 2019!!

1. Eat Healthier

This resolution is extremely common and usually never stuck to because who the heck wants to miss out on ice cream in the summer or treats around the holidays?! Eating healthier is a good one though because it can be a fresh start for many in January and also help boost energy levels and overall health!

2. Talk to your family members more

This one is important especially if you are older and spend most of your time apart from your family. As a college student, I am seeing my family less and less, only able to spend time with them over breaks and during parts of the summer. I see my cousins and grandparents even less! It is important to keep in touch with everyone.

3. Study Harder

If you are a student like me, this is something that can be easily improved. Finding the time by being more organized and following a routine can allow for one to separate their studies from distractions! Studying is very important and I am sure everyone would like to do better in one way or another. Whether that means making yourself do the extra credit or stay up all night to study it is probably worth it.

4. Wake up earlier

Set that alarm and don't hit snooze! Waking up earlier can take days of training your body and resetting your bodies clock. It has many benefits though including being more productive, jump starting your metabolism and even being able to enjoy the morning hours. It can be hard if you are in college like me and find yourself staying up later at night but if you go to bed earlier it will be easier.

5. Travel more

Plan two or three trips at the beginning of the year. This will not only set aside time to relax and take a break from your responsibilities but it will also provide time to spend with family and friends. Traveling can also teach you a lot about places you've never been and expand your brain. Learning about new cultures can be very exciting and interesting. Trying new foods too!

6. Read more

This one is inspired by my father who is always telling me to read more and insisting he wishes he had when he was my age because he'd be "a lot smarter". I agree that reading is a great distraction from the hustle and bustle of everyday life but also calming and educational! Whether you like fiction or non-fiction you can always learn something new and as my father would say, "Expand your brain".

7. Tidy up

Staying clean is especially important. I live alone in my own apartment currently and it can be a hassle sometimes to keep up on bringing the trash out or doing the dishes. Don't even get me started on what my room looks like after a night of going out and trying out a million different outfits. I like to take time every week to tidy up the kitchen, take the trash out and clean my room. Like waking up early it can make you sleep better and be more productive.

8. Use less technology

Using technology less is another huge one. As it may be required for work and lots of communication, it is important to watch your screen time. There is a new feature on the iPhone that does track screen time and it should be utilized!

9. Be environmental friendly

Being environmental friendly is something I am really going to try to care more about in 2019. After watching a professor speak on the topic I was not only alarmed but terrified of the future. I think it is important not to just recycle but even more to reuse and not waste energy. Drive less!

10. Save money

This is a big one if you have something to save up for! Spending less can be a good thing to start building up your savings for things like trips, clothes, bills etc. I definitely need to learn how to budget in 2019.