New Year's Resolutions Not Related To Your Body

Focus on your mind, soul, self-worth and happiness this year!

17
http://www.hercampus.com

"A New Year's resolution is a tradition in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something slightly nice, such as opening doors for people beginning from New Year's Day."

There are many New Year's resolutions that focus on changing one's body. This includes losing weight, gaining muscle, the attempt to stop eating fast food, going on a diet, starting weight-watchers or going for a run every morning. The goals vary, but we've all experienced one that focuses on how our body looks. All of these resolutions are amazing as long as they're being done for the right reasons. I personally have had New Year's goals in the past that focused on my body, but it's time for a change. Exercise and eating right is extremely important and should always be taken into consideration, but for resolutions this year, what are some that focus on more inner aspects?

The start of a new year is the time to make changes and to reach goals that you've been dreaming of. There are infinite resolutions that you could have and all have tremendous meaning. These may revolve around kindness, caring, self-importance, school, work, or your overall thought-process. The list can go on forever. This is a time to start new if needed and to make certain changes that you've been wanting to.

Sit, write a list of goals, narrow them down, choose one or choose many and then start off the new year with those resolutions in mind!

-Stop procrastinating.

-Teach yourself to concentrate better.

-Travel to someplace you've never been.

-Get more sleep.

-Start saving money.

-Reconnect with an old friend.

-Meet new people.

-Perform a random act of kindness at least once a day.

-Learn a new language.

-Learn to paint or draw.

-Start being more creative.

-Stop worrying about what others think.

-Worry less overall.

-Learn one new word per day.

-Become more organized.

-Live in the moment during every moment.

-Learn to cook or bake.

-Stop overthinking.

-Make time to read or write more.

-Believe in yourself.

-Spend less time on social media.

-Become an expert at something.

-Spend more time with people that matter.

-Volunteer more.

-Start being on time instead of always late.

-Face your fears.

New Years is a time to not only start fresh, but to forget the bad moments of the past year. Every year is filled with both memories that you want to always remember and memories that you're trying exceptionally hard to forget. This is the time when you can happily leave the unpleasant memories behind and not only focus on the delightful ones, but look forward to a whole year filled with more of them. New Year's resolutions do not simply have to be about changing the way you look or the way you eat; it's about so much more from within that can lead to greater happiness for you and everyone around you.

Start your New Year's resolutions list as soon as you can. The new year is right around the corner and there is much to look forward to!