The Best New Year's Resolutions For College Girls To Make In 2019

11 New Year's Resolutions That Every College Girl Should Make For The Sake Of Her Love Life

If you're trying to find Mr. Right and can't find him, maybe try some of these resolutions this year.

241
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

"New Year, New Me."

The typical new year saying. Everyone says it at some point or another. Whether you're trying to get that summer body you've been dying for or you're trying to write that novel that you've been sitting on for four years, New Year's resolutions are hard to keep. As someone who started dating someone around the New Year start, there's something I've learned.

When it comes to relationships, there's often going to be some sacrifices you'll make. When it comes to your love life in college, you're going to find that there's things that worked while you were in high school, that DEFINITELY won't work now that you've grown up.

So here are 11 resolutions every college girl should make for the sake of her love life:

Stop. Checking. His. Phone.

This is a pet peeve of mine. If you are with someone, you should trust them. And if you can't trust them, you shouldn't be with them. Leave the phone snooping in the past, please. Your love life (and partner) beg you.

Start thinking more before you speak.

This might sound mean, but actually think about it. How many times have you gotten so mad about something so little, and blew it out of proportion because you didn't think before you started to get mad? I've learned that (and this goes for boyfriends and girlfriends) that we really need to sit and think before we decide to make a deal out of something, that might not be that serious.

Don't assume.

This can be a tough one for people. Often our minds get the best of us, and we find ourselves thinking of the "what if's." The problem with that is, we are assuming something that might not be true. If you have a question about anything that relates or concerns your partner, bring it up to them.

Talk more

This will sound funny because the stereotype is that girls "talk too much." When, in reality, we actually don't talk enough. When something is genuinely bothering you, talk about it. Don't sit there pulling the whole "I'm fine" bit. It's not doing your relationship any good. Your boyfriend/girlfriend can't know how to fix the problem, if they don't know there's a problem or what it is.

Hug longer

This may sound silly, but it works. A hug can seriously increase your serotonin release, making both you and your partner happier. I recommend couples hug for AT LEAST 2 minutes before they go to bed. It will make a difference.

NEVER. GO. TO. BED. ANGRY.

I know everyone hears it all the time, but how often do you do it? I've been there where I've been so mad that I just wanted to go to bed and forget the whole thing. But the truth is, going to bed angry doesn't fix anything. In fact, it makes it that much worse. Nobody should ever go to sleep feeling angry at their partner or having their partner angry with them. You won't sleep well and you'll find yourself waking up more upset than you were before.

Take the time to listen.

And I mean actually listen. If your partner is so excited about something that happened at work, listen to them. It could be the most boring story in the world, but think about how happy and excited they were to tell you about it. The least you could do is listen to them. Their happiness, will bounce onto you.

Remember, your emotions affect the other's.

I learned this in my current relationship. Emotions can often bounce from each other. If my boyfriend comes home stressing out or anxious, I'll end up stressing out too. Even if it's not something for me to be stressed about. If I'm having a day where I'm really depressed, that emotion counter acts on him and he'll find himself sad, not knowing how to fix it. While everyone's emotions are always valid, try to remember why your partner is feeling the way they are. Try to help them before their emotions hit yours.

Say "I love you" more.

I never let my boyfriend leave without me saying I love him. He could be really irritating me that day to the point where I could rip my hair out, but I'd still say I love you. At the end of your day, they're your other half. You are together for a reason. Remember that.

Never take advantage.

This can go for anything. Don't take advantage of the love you guys have. Life can change in the matter of seconds. Don't take advantage of their love for you either. If you aren't happy with them, but like the things they do for you, you're using them.

Cherish EVERY moment together.

Like I said before, life can be crazy. You never know what's going to happen next. The best thing you can do is sit back, and cherish the love you guys share. The memories you guys are making. And everything in between. Never let a moment go to waste.