New Year, Same Me

New Year, Same Me

It's okay to be unapologetically you.

"OMG New Year, New Me!!!!" Let's be honest with ourselves, you know you've said this before. It's that time of the year again and we know that on social media that's probably going to be the caption everybody uses, but is it really a "new you?"

I feel as if everyone has the same goals, it's either lose weight, meet more people, or be more productive. Now those are those some fantastic goals to live by in the new year, but sometimes it's okay to be the way you are.

I ask myself the same question every year, "do I want to change or be the same me?" Of course I"ll always be Molly, but sometimes I feel as if I should be more outgoing or less shy. Now I know that I'm perfect the way I am but sometimes change is good.

To be honest, change is very good for people. Sometimes you need to change your outlook on life or change your work ethic. And that's okay!!! That's a good chance to have in your life because not only will it make you look at things a different way, it'll be good to build your character.

You can also change your friend group and get rid of toxic people in your life. Trust me I know it's hard but sometimes you need to do it. You don't need toxic people in your life that are constantly going to bring you down or people that are not going anywhere in their life. One thing I like to tell my friends is to be selfish and by selfish I mean to put yourself first in situations where you would put others first. Now I know that's another hard thing to do, but DO IT! Trust me you'll live a better life and you'll definitely feel better about yourself. This is something that I've personally struggled with and I promise I'm working on it.

Now trust me -- change is good, but sometimes staying the same you is also 100% fine! One thing you DO NOT AND I REPEAT DO NOT need to do is, change for someone. LIKE EVER! I know sometimes that you want to be the most stylish person or be the most popular person but trust me you don't need to. It's hard to find original people in this world. LITERALLY THO! I've finally come to terms with who I am as a person. People have told me that they wish they have the confidence that I do, but trust me I'm not that confident. I have so many insecurities and phobias but guess what, that's what makes me, me.

To be honest I'm 1000% fine with that. My insecurities and phobias are what makes me unique and I know that I'm the only Molly Suzanna Martinez (or at least I hope I am) in this chaotic world of ours.

With a new year coming, this is when people usually reflect on their lives. My life this year has had it's ups and downs, From my little brother graduating high school (so proud of you Pookie but you make me feel old) to the petty drama that happens in everyone's life to starting my sophomore year of college. I've come to realize that without any of this I wouldn't be the person I am today.

With that being said, I just want to thank everyone that is still in my life and to the new people that I've met this year. Not only have you made my life more interesting but you have definitely made a huge impact in my life.

It's okay to unapologetically you and to be the same you in the New Year! So instead of saying "New Year, New Me'" say "New Year, Same Me!" #2018 #itslit