What I'm Going To Do To Make 2018 My Year

Don't change yourself because it's a new year. Better yourself.

69
NordWood Themes

2018 is going to be my year of major improvement. I do not want to be like everyone and say “New Year New Me” because I like who I am, no I love who I am and I don’t want to change that. But there are things that I, like everyone else, would like to make better. This is going to be my year and I am going to make the best of it.

Over the past year I have grown a lot. I have been able to become a better person both mentally and physically. Since before my mother died I have struggled with depression, but it did not get bad until my mother passed. I have been seeing a therapist for over a year now and that has helped so much.

I am more motivated and I am in a much better head space than even just six months ago. I still have a lot more to work on to better myself even more mentally. I still have days where it's hard but it gets a little easier to deal with every day.

In 2018 I want to worry less. I want to not have to worry about what people have to think about me and I want to be able to worry less about the stressors I have in my life. I want to be able to not get so frustrated and stressed about school or family or just life in general.

This year I will step up and give all I have towards school. I will not let myself get caught up in assignments to where I am so overwhelmed I can’t get anything done. I will push myself to get out there and make new connections.

I will spread more love in the lives of the people around me and try hard to not let hate be a part of my life. I want to have more joy in my life and less worry and stress.

There are so many things we can do every day, little by little, to help ourselves grow as people. You can start by waking up in the mornings and drinking a nice hot cup of tea to help wake me up. You can set a goal of giving out X number of compliments to strangers a day. You could give yourself a set amount of time each day to recharge yourself. It could be giving your self time to meditate or sitting and reading one of your favorite books.

This year I am going to love myself more and I want to work on improving my health physically. I want to start eating better and put healthier things in my body. I want to start drinking more water and cut out sugary drinks. This will be my year. This will be my best year in bettering myself.

This will not be a “New Year New Me” It will be a “New Year, Better ME” Because like I said before, I like who I am and the people in my life. So I will not be changing that, I will be improving that.