When You Meet Your College Best Friend, The Rest All Comes Together

You met her within five hours of moving in. Lucky duck.

262

College is a scary time.

Especially when none of your friends are going to the same school as you. Thankfully, you found your new best friend on your move in day. And thank God for her. You were stressed, tired, unknowing of the journey you were about to embark on together. She was bubbly and fun, just like you. You two immediately clicked and you just knew she was already a ride-or-die.

There's a lot to be said about the friends you make in college. Everyone always says that your college friends will be your friends for life. That doesn't mean you still don't love your high school best friend 'til death do you part. But, you need someone at your college who knows exactly what you're feeling.

It's so funny when your new best friend could finish your sentences at your first hall dinner. When she knew everything you were talking about, and got your sense of humor perfectly. She also somehow knows when you're free for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, after you've only had classes for one week. You've also had breakfast together almost every day since school started. Uh, except that one time you slept in (oopsies).

You're grateful you found someone to go to football games, soccer games, and all of the weird activities the college makes you do. She's someone you can vent to and laugh with, and that is priceless. Sometimes you two even hit the gym and miraculously want to leave to get dinner at the exact same time. You're both on the same page 24/7. The small things like how you hate pickles and she loves them, so you give yours to her, are what makes your new friendship seem like it's meant to be. And it is. Maybe, just maybe, you two got separated at birth and she's actually your twin. Except that you both have different hair, eyes, and height, but that doesn't mean much, right?

You can't wait to see what you two accomplish together over the next four years.