To The Girl Who's Never Had A College Boyfriend

I understand how painful it can be.

I know how it feels to walk around campus and see couples swooning over each other, sharing ice cream, or talking about their plans for their next date. I know how it feels to turn on Instagram and see cute #couplegoals photos. Sometimes, it's an incredibly painful thing to see. We look at these couples and dream about how perfectly happy they are, and we often find ourselves wondering why we can't feel the same way.

I completely understand what you're going through. I am about to enter my senior year of college, and I have never once had a serious boyfriend. And I will not lie, there are times when it gets lonely. While I love staying in every now and then to watch a movie or show, there are some nights when I definitely wish I was out on a date. I can't help but wonder what it would be like, to spend time with someone and to have feelings for each other.

And I won't lie, there are times where I feel like I'm missing out.

So if you haven't heard it, please let me just tell you that you are not alone in feeling the way you feel. These feelings are completely normal, and while they definitely are not fun at the moment, I promise you that they will eventually pass away.

It may not happen immediately, but I promise that someday you will be able to come to a place where you can accept that just because you're single, it's not the end of the world. This definitely took me some time to wrap around my mind. This is one of the most important relationships I will ever have in my life, and I eagerly await the day it happens. I want that day to come more than anything. There are days where my heart just ached because of how badly I wanted to be in a relationship with a wonderful guy.

But then I realized, there are so many more blessings for me to experience in my life.

A meaningful and loving relationship will be one of the biggest blessings of my life, but I've also found so many other blessings along the way. I have grown stronger in Christ and found my identity in Him. I have gotten to share many wonderful memories with my family and friends, who are so dear to me. I've discovered so many new passions like writing and traveling, and I'm so thankful for all that these things have taught me.

I hope and pray that you learn to see the world in this way, too. There are so many exciting things that your life has to offer. There are beautiful memories to be made and exciting adventures to be had. Don't ever give up hope that you will find the one for you. That will happen in God's timing. For now, take advantage of the beautiful life that's ahead of you. I understand the pain you may sometimes feel. I feel it myself every now and then. But there are still so many beautiful parts of life if you're willing to look for them.