You Will Never Be Good Enough To Please Everyone So Stop Trying

Don't let adversity drag you down, but rather let it rage inside you like a hurricane that can't be stopped.
262

You know what you do will never be enough for people. No matter what you do, people will be criticizing you for the choices you will or have made. No one will ever fully accept everything you do. Someone will always find a problem, one way or another, with what you do. It's a fact of life. But ya know what?

Fuck them. Fuck them all. You do what makes you happy. Even if it pisses people off. Piss 'em off. Tell them to, "Piss off!" Go ahead and shed people's opinions and expectations. Go do what makes you happy and live for yourself.

Be wild. Be lazy. Be calm. Be happy. Be whatever the hell you want.

Why?

Because you only have one life, so live it as if there is no tomorrow.

People will try to chain you to a place so you can never roam and be free to be yourself. So I say, strain against those chains. Let that chain be wrapped around your wrist and pulled taut as you struggle to free yourself of others' expectations. Let the blood from your struggles fuel you and allow you to slip free from the pain and labels. Let your tears give you more strength to battle your demons, so you can shut out those negative voices and only hear the voice that matters most: your own.

And when you snap that chain, I hope you walk away stronger because not being good enough for others is good enough for you.

You don't want to impress others, and you will never be good enough to your friends', families', and strangers' expectations of who you should be, so stop trying. Because you are who you are, and that's beautiful all on its own.

Use the pain that they cause to make yourself happy. Use it stroke your inner fire and push off everyone's hateful words that are only meant to tear you own. Instead of crumbling, rise. Rise like the waves reaching for the moon. Rise like a lighthouse on a cliff during a storm. Stand tall and proud of every choice you made. Even the bad ones.

Have no regrets because you can proudly say, "At least I tried."

I'm never going to be good enough for the people around me, and honestly, that's fine because it's me living my life. It's my life and I refuse to let anyone make me feel ashamed of the choices I made.

Every choice you make, makes you even more of the person you were supposed to be. I don't believe in a God, but I do believe in fate. Every mistake and every success adds up, molding you into who you are. And who you are is unique and special.

So, reject me because I may not be good enough for your standards, and in turn, I'll keep loving you for who you are because no one should ever be made to feel as if they are lesser or not good enough.

Because you are good enough.