5 Things To Watch Out For During This NBA Season

For the first time in forever the NBA is competitive, but here are 5 gems you can't miss this year.

9

Ja and Jaren

i.pinimg.com

The Memphis grizzlies are made up of outcasts, but let's make something very clear they will exceed expectations. No Mike Conley, no problem. This team is in one of the best rebuilding positions in the league, and may even be able to attract a super star in the coming years. Not to mention, with Mike Conley gone the starting point guard position goes to Ja Morant; who seems poised to give Zion a run for his money in the Rookie of the Year race.

You combine this with a defensive minded Jaren Jackson Jr, these guys are going to put on a show.

Russ and Harden

(Photo by Gene Sweeney Jr./Getty Images)

I don't care how much Steven A. Smith screams 'blasphemous'. Russ and Harden are generational talents, if they can figure out a game plan every single team in the NBA should be terrified to go against them. But this is all contingent on their ability to figure out how to share the ball. Russ and Harden are the leagues highest volume shooters, but with some careful coaching the bouncy point guard and scoring genius may go down in NBA history as a top tier duo.

Oh and Harden has a new move.

Fine I'll say it: Zion and the Pelicans

Bleacher Report

Yes Zion seems to be a generational talent, yes he is bouncy, and yes hes a ROY favorite. But all of this is contingent on him staying out of injury troubles.

However, it's not JUST about ZION.

Jrue Holiday was an arguably All-Star level guard along side AD, he will provide much needed guidance and even continue to develop his game. Not to mention this whole team together will be a defensive monster.

LA vs LA in LA

Instagram

This season history will be made but in a slightly different way than you think.

The Clippers vs Lakers match-up in both of their home stadiums will be breath taking, hopefully giving us some legendary moments. Mark my words: this season's Clippers vs Lakers will go down in history as some of the most exciting games to every be watched.

MVP contenders

www.instagram.com

There are some players that can make surprising runs for MVP. Two in particular we should watch out for, Steph and the Joker.
Jokic may seem like a surprising pick but his ability to be a play making big and lead his team is amazing. If he continues to exceed expectations every year he may make one of the most interesting runs for MVP we have ever seen. Not to mention Jokic could seriously change what it means to be 'MVP'.

But he isn't my pick for MVP. Sure he could make an interesting run, unfortunately having limited points and increased play making ability doesn't get you an MVP in an NBA that is dominated by just highlights.

My pick is Steph Curry. You thought Harden was impressive last year, Curry is going to give us an amazing year. Against all expectations I think he could seriously do it. The unmatched three shooting now assisted by increased volume in shots will definitely help.

Not to mention stats prove that increased volume doesn't change Curry's efficiency.

Frozen has some of the best quotes: for the first time in forever we are getting an interesting NBA season, and I'm here for it.