It's Not OK That I'm A Millennial Experiencing First-Hand Hatred From Nazi's And The KKK

The problem is no longer political so get off your high donkeys and elephants.

11
Express Newsline

It has been an eventful year. A divided country. A troubled, rotating government. Riots upon riots. But all of those disasters seem so much smaller compared to what has occurred in this world the past few weeks.

What's happening is not OK.

Not only is it not OK, it's disgusting. It's appalling, disheartening, vomit-inducing, and absolutely f*cking terrible. There shouldn't be hate in this world. We are all here because we belong and anyone who has the nerve to say otherwise is a repulsive human being.

No one should be scared for their lives yet it seems as though the majority of people are. Our world has turned back to the early 1900s and it's 2017. We have progressed in the past hundred years more than we ever imagined, yet it seems as though society has shut their eyes to every social norm established since then and has become even more ignorant.

I am a millennial that is experiencing first-hand destruction and hatred from Nazi's and the Ku Klux Klan. I am a millennial that watches non-whites get targeted far more than I would ever be. I am a millennial that just read on the news that Iceland has allowed and encouraged pregnant mothers to abort their child if they have Down Syndrome— virtually killing off a caring, hopeful, and loving group of people. I am a millennial that is scared my life could end because of a nuclear war.

I am a millennial that has way too much in common with my great, great grandparents than I am comfortable with.

Do you remember learning in our past history classes about how the United States ended World War II by using an atomic bomb? About how detrimental it was? Do you remember watching the documentaries of how the victims were preserved by the waste? How the majority — almost all, actually — of the surrounding Japanese were killed almost instantly.

That's the fate that our country could be facing if North Korea is continuously provoked. Kim Jong-un was never someone we took lightly and shouldn't now. His being stopped an entire movie premiere from happening, sending "The Interview" straight to Netflix, his bomb threats should have done much more, much quicker.

Everyone should be scared. If not for a potential bomb, then for the power that the neo-Nazi's and KKK think that they have in our free nation. For the fact that pregnant women will just abort a child they don't want to deal with once they are born. Why are we all living like this: in a place surrounded by hate?

I know that it's not the majority. I see all of the opposition on social media but how can we make a change? In the beginning of the chaos, it was political.

Attention: IT IS NO LONGER POLITICAL.

This isn't a fight between the right and the left. This has become us–those who can and who should–against the people who threaten the goodness in the world. Once people understand that, only then can we move forward and do what is right for the human race.

Letting the villains of our history come back to haunt us isn't going to work this time. Our world has the potential to celebrate everyone's differences and thrive on the love from all different kinds of people.