American musician Moby recently alleged in his memoir that he began a relationship with actress Natalie Portman when she was 20 years old. At the time he claims they had a relationship, he would have been 33. In an interview with Bazar, Portman confronts these rumors, saying she was barely 18 when she met Moby. She describes how the situation felt to her at the time.

"My recollection is a much older man being creepy with me when I just had graduated high school," Portman says.

Portman claims their "relationship" was no more than a few get-togethers.

"I was a fan and went to one of his shows when I had just graduated. When we met after the show, he said, "let's be friends." We only hung out a handful of times before I realized that this was an older man who was interested in me in a way that felt inappropriate," Portman says.

Moby took to Instagram to defend the statement made in his book about his past with Portman.

"I can't figure out why she would actively misrepresent the truth about our (albeit brief involvement," Moby says.

Moby asserts that the information is written in his book, "Then It Fell Apart," is accurate and that he has photographic evidence that the two had been in a relationship.

In an additional post made on the topic, Moby describes their relationship as "consensual" and innocent." This contrasts Portman's account of it being "creepy."

Whether or not their relationship was pleasant for both parties or not, it cannot be disputed that Moby did incorrectly state her age at the time they were allegedly together. Moby states Portman was 20 when they were together in 1999. Portman would have actually been turning 18 that summer, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Moby's information is not factual like he claims so it is unlikely he can be trusted detailing how the relationship went when he can't confirm important details like the ages of both parties involved. Why should the media believe they were together as he described when he refuses to admit he lied about her age?