Nailing the mid-semester internship hunt

11
What many Gators here on campus may not realize early on in their college career, is that in today's world, landing a great internship is a very crucial and beneficial step in the career process. Internships enable students to become part of an association relevant in their field of study which then helps them become that much closer to landing their perfect job career.

However, being thrown into a campus with thousands and thousands of students and knowing that each student near you is probably on the same internship hunt, can be quite daunting. But, this should not halt ones confidence and exuberance in their attempt to find their perfect internship. But how to start?

There are several career-based resources found amongst the University of Florida which can help you with your internship-hunting needs. Amongst these resources, the Career Resource Center here at the University of Florida, located on the first floor of the J. Wayne Reitz Union catering to the Division of Student Affairs, is probably the best asset that students can use in order to figure out and sort their bearings when considering an internship. 

Not only does the resource enable you to search the web of several available internships in your area, it also will show you internships available in differing states. The career resource center allows you to explore the set sites such as the career road maps link, research interested employers, and find potential internships related to your field of study. 

One majorly helpful online resource that the Career Resource Center allows Gators to explore is "internships.com". At this website, Gators can explore several internships that are currently available. The website will ask students what their major/interest of study is in and then students are then taken via website to another screen that corresponds to relevant internships. This site is very helpful and should definitely be a tool students should use if interested in this matter.

Internships are definitely a great way to advance yourself in your career. It shows dedication, hard-work, willingness to work, and passion for your future employers. There are thousands of internships available, although for the most part, this is misconstrued and thus students do not even put themselves out there.

Do not fret. There are employers and possible internship companies dying to have you become apart of their institution. Students should consider heavily in getting an internship and can use several career resource facets in their mission in finding one. 

The career resource center as stated is located on the first floor of the Reitz Union building, but can also be found at the following wed address: crc.ufl.edu