My Wishing Star

My Wishing Star

A short blog about my evening routine.

57
My Wishing Star
sistersdreamingofdisney

Normally, my posts that deviate from movie opinions/ideas have spawned from nothing more than either anger or inspiration. Not one to break tradition, this one, perhaps, touches on a bit of both…

Last year, my family of six moved out of the home that I had grown up in. The memories will always be there, but the neighborhood was declining, and it was time to get out. So, we moved to the Happy Valley area (Oregon), so we could be closer to my grandfather, who had lost the love of his life a year prior due to a heart attack.

In this new neighborhood, we live on top of a hill, where the evening noise is mute, the disturbances of traffic are dimmed, and where your tank of gas goes to hell! Regardless, there is a certain peace that comes with this solitude, knowing that you feel just that much closer to whatever it is you look up to at night.

Whenever I pull up to my home from evening class or writing my book at Pete’s Coffee #shoutout, I always find myself staring at this one particular star, that is constantly shining brighter than all the rest. This is my star; it is the one I dream upon, the one that inspires me, and the one that tells me to “keep going”.

So, what do I see when I look upon its glow? Click here to see what I see, and to hear what I hear…

I can still remember when this new logo for Disney was released. It was just before Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, in the summer of 2006. When I saw this new opening for Disney, I glimmered at all of the little hidden nods Disney featured in this 330-second spot. The, "Second star to the right, and straight on till morning” nod from Peter Pan. The main street train from Disneyland, as well as the pirate ship, floating in the bank. All of this capped off by those wonderful fireworks that will make even the smallest dreamer still dream big! This logo, no joke, gets me emotional every time I see it…

Why is this important to me?

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to work for Disney; I just never knew in what capacity. Then, all of the sudden, two years ago, storytelling came into my life, as well as writing in general. The power of creating, and sharing is something that has always been a gift of mine. Whether this be through simple storytelling among friends and family, to actual writing of short stories in my notepad. I want to be a storyteller/developer, and I want to do it with the company that helped raise me on the belief that imagination, in its truest form, is perhaps the strongest weapon we are given in this lifetime…

I look at that star, and I wish, “Please... let these stories and dreams of mine not die in my pocket. Let me share my stories with the world.”

(This is not considered “whining” to me, by the way. I am actually trying to get a job in story development… I just haven’t caught that lucky break yet.)

If dreams can come true, and if happiness can be found, than let it find me now…

I sometimes feel like jelly, trying to find it’s way near the bread and peanut butter. The world knows that these three belong together; and when they do collide, the result is something so dynamic and rich, that the pairing becomes legendary. I know my worth, and I will continue to search for a way to get my worth.

The point of this short little blog was to not tell you of my dreams. If it came across that way, then I apologize, because I missed the point. The point of all of this, simply, was about that one star… That one moment of bliss that I get to enjoy every single night.

Is there a moment in your day where you can stop, take in, and dream?