My Warming Welcome & Insight To Daily Challenges

My little reflection on life.

197
Jasmine Lira

There are things that, as you grow in life, make you realize that you can’t always control everything. Whether it’s with friends, family, school, work situations, or even with plain society. It’s hard to try to be the ‘best’ you can and work hard to impress yourself and others with so much negativity surrounding you. It’s stressful enough for some of us who are working, going to school, trying to maintain a healthy diet, taking care of family members, kids, pets, etc. and never having time for yourself. This can turn into a huge issue of not satisfying the world enough for you to feel at peace.

If you’re able to relate to this, then I am glad we have something in common. Coming into this new journey with Odyssey, I am seeing a new light in my life and I am excited to see where this experience takes me. My entire life I have been surrounded by so much negativity. Like many, I have dealt with physical, mental, and very emotionally-draining issues since I was young. However, at the end of the day I am able to realize that I should be thankful. Thankful for going through these events because it makes you stronger. As people say, “God doesn’t put you through anything you can’t handle.” And it’s true.

It took me until I was about sixteen years old to start forcing myself to start being more positive. I say “forcing myself” as in challenging and fighting every day to be brighter. I tried to think more of the positive than the negative, find alternative solutions, find ways to work on myself, and to continue to believe that every day will be better. Self-confidence is the key to your happiness. No one will ever have your back like you have yours. Once I started transitioning into keeping positive I got to feel so much better about who I was and knowing exactly what I wanted in life, which was to be simply happy.

A common thing society can share is that we all have goals. Goals that we wish to achieve sooner or later. There would be no purpose to life if we didn’t set goals for ourselves. As I’m sharing this, I hope it all makes sense and gives you a brief first impression of me and who I am. My main purpose in life is to work hard to where I want to be and live life while doing it. A positive decision that many are too afraid to make is to put ourselves first. Yes, it may be selfish. However, how are we not supposed to make ourselves our first priorities when we are all we got? Putting yourself first is one of the healthiest transitions you can make for your life. Setting your goals, working to achieve them, and accomplishing them is what makes life worth living.

What I’m trying to say is that you shouldn’t worry too much about the world around you. You were not born to please society. Yes, you will make mistakes… but that’s the beauty of growing and building yourself up to be a better person after. Work hard and continue to live as much as you can for yourself. Make time for you, the rest can and will wait. “Life's a climb, but the view is great.” - Miley Cyrus (I think that’s how it went).

I can only hope this moved you to become a better you and think about what you need and want to do to get to where you want to be. To end this, I am very excited to start this new piece of my life and just share my heart with you guys. Thank you.

Xoxo,

Princess J.